Finding Guns

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
jmay

Finding Guns

Post by jmay »

I know now is probably a tuff time to find guns in your local gun shops with all the crazy politics going on! Is it more than that? Is this just that time of year when gun stocks are low regardless of what politicians are doing?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Finding Guns

Post by Ranch Dog »

jmay wrote:I know now is probably a tuff time to find guns in your local gun shops with all the crazy politics going on! Is it more than that? Is this just that time of year when gun stocks are low regardless of what politicians are doing?
The start of any year brings low inventories through the distributor networks. Distributors do use the annual Shot Show to order face to face. They do check out what their manufacturers are doing first hand. So, inventories do run slim from one year into the next for these reasons and with individual firearm model changes. For instance if you buy a R92 in the next few months you would tend to want a 2013 rifle rather than a 2012 production date. I sure would.

Every presidential election year has an effect or firearms and components sales. The current fellow has caused the largest spikes but the spike has been present in every presidential cycle of my adult life. Long ago I learned to buy ALL my reloading components during the presidential mid term. It takes a bit of planning and saving my money as I shoot quite a bit and I will spend a lot of money at once. I often get great deals when horder's need cash. Same with firearms, I have been known to swallow many a good deal in off years and sell them during this period of time.
Michael