Where can I get a replacement barrel band screw?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
dmk

Post by dmk »

Mine was/is all buggered up like this one: http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=469

The threads were destroyed at the factory and I messed up the slot trying to get it out. :(
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Where can I get a replacement barrel band screw?

Post by pricedo »

dmk wrote:Where can I get a replacement barrel band screw?

Mine was/is all buggered up like this one: http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=469

The threads were destroyed at the factory and I messed up the slot trying to get it out. :(
If it's as standard screw then RD will know which type & size it is.
I think he has relieved the forearms on each of his 92s.
You need a serial number from an identical Braztech gun to order the part from Rossi if your gun is a pre-Taurus model.
In any event you'll need to check the schematic on the Rossi website for a part number on the screw.

My 92s have pushed hundreds of rounds down range & are dead-on accurate to 50 yards and no wood has cracked or split so I'm in no hurry to mess with the forearms.
I'll order a walnut butt stock & forearm from Precision and then do the forearm on a gun then repeat the process until they're all done.
Might take 2 or 3 years but I'll eventually get them done.
I'm not going to spend hours refitting jungle wood.......if I do it it'll be with the real deal walnut.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Gabby

Post by Gabby »

I spoke with Rossi customer service a few months ago and ordered a new model barrel band and screw from them. Because my gun was a Interarms version they would not garuntee the fit but it fit just fine. I think from the the time I ordered it until I recieved them was less than 9 days. The screw was about $2.60 plus shipping and handling.
scottz

Post by scottz »

I'm pretty sure being up front about which gun you have, they will still let you order parts, they still want your serial number. They let me place the order for the Taurus sight that way.
dmk

Post by dmk »

Thanks guys. I'll give Rossi a call.

I may order a new band as well if it isn't too expensive.