Quick Range Trip

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
hunterdan

Quick Range Trip

Post by hunterdan »

I was up at my cousin's place and while there figured it was a great chance to get to know my new Rossi. Before shooting it, I had already replaced the rear sight with the Marbles Bullseye and refinished the stock. The stock came out beautiful and the gun shot even better. I took a couple of quick shots from 20-25 yards to see if it was close to being on target, to my surprise, it was dead on. I mean, I did check it with a bore sighter just to be close, but wasn't expecting it to be that close. I was at cabela's the day before and picked up one of their self sealing ball targets. I figured it would be perfect for the Rossi, just to run it as fast as I could and try to hit it. It was fun, the gun ran great with the 357s. and just as good with the 38s. I used some American Eagle 158 gr jacketed soft points, and some 125 gr Herters jacketed flat points. There were no hang ups, and the 38s and 357s were both hitting poa at 20-25 yards. I let my cousin run some through and I think he is hooked. Next up will be to try some heavier loads for deer. Now I need to invest in a reloader and a way to catch all my brass...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quick Range Trip

Post by Ranch Dog »

Well done, very nice looking rifle!
Michael
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

That is a great looking Rossi! Glad it worked out good right first time out. There is a .357 just like yours at our local box store that has been calling me! Seeing reports like this one makes my resistance to buying it weaken considerably!
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
hunterdan

Post by hunterdan »

I may have convinced my cousin to stop by my local shop and put one on order. They are incredibly fun to shoot and with him being on a farm, could be rather useful as well. I like the color of the wood now, but not sure if I will stick with the gloss or try for the satin finish.
357cyrus

Post by 357cyrus »

Stock looks nice. I'd go with the satin for a rossi though, because I Intend to use and abuse mine, not maintain a luster. I'm on the lookout for a 357/92 myself. They sound like ball to burn ammo through, cheap to reload for, and enough power to be taken seriously by anything you point it at inside 100 yards or so.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

357cyrus wrote:Stock looks nice. I'd go with the satin for a rossi though, because I Intend to use and abuse mine, not maintain a luster. I'm on the lookout for a 357/92 myself. They sound like ball to burn ammo through, cheap to reload for, and enough power to be taken seriously by anything you point it at inside 100 yards or so.
I have an Amadeo Rossi M92/357 Trapper 16" barrel model and put it through its paces with 100s of rounds of ammo down range.
It's an accurate little beast to be sure.
First I gave the stock a good treatment with Tru-oil so it would stand up to the weather.
The gun is so slick now after my Rossi Regimen tune-up I can cycle fully loaded 158 grain Federal "red box" ammo through it with 1 finger and they land at my feet.
The 3 Amadeo Rossi M92s I know own save for a little initial cleaning & deburring have been good performers right out of the box. I guess that's part of the reason they're still around.
I have bought, fixed and resold about 2 dozen Rossi 92s but the 3 I kept are my favorites and will still be around my place when they put the coppers on my eyes.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA