Ordered a new Rossi 92.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Gabby

Ordered a new Rossi 92.

Post by Gabby »

I finally got my order in today on a 44 mag. 24 inch octagon barreled case colored 92. I was going to get the brass plated version in 45 LC but I got scared off on the ammo prices for the 45 LC. I could'nt find any good factory ammo under 80 bucks so I decided on my 2nd choice. Can't wait. Im going to have a Skinner's barrel mount peep in black and gold on it with a green fiber optic front sight. I will post picks with range photo's when its all together.
exdetsgt

Re: Ordered a new Rossi 92.

Post by exdetsgt »

Congratulations - I've actually seen one of these at a lgs. Beautiful rifle, especially with the case hardening.

I'm saving my money...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Gabby, how about some pictures when you get it in and have the Skinner on it?
Michael
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

The 44 Magnum is never a bad choice IMHO. In order to shoot any centerfire gun today cheap you will have to handload. It is simple and I started out loading for the 44 Mag in 1972. Once you have the brass, you can load a good practice load for about 20 cents a round at todays component prices. If you cast your own bullets it will be less. Hopefully, prices will come back down after the panic.

My short rifle is very accurate. Give us a good range report.