ammunition lifter-92, .357m

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
grandad

ammunition lifter-92, .357m

Post by grandad »

occasionally i have a round will not load,when you look inside you see the lifter has not come up all the way,usually press cartridge back down and cycle lever, you really have to snap that lever to ensure the lifter comes up all the way.
Any one have similar problem and how to correct???

Grandad
Model 52
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: ammunition lifter-92, .357m

Post by Model 52 »

You can polish the lower detents on the left and right side cartridge guides to smooth the upper edge of the detent. That should help.
Sosoomi

Post by Sosoomi »

I touched up the lower detent on the left side guide with my dremel before polishing.... Just eased the ramp a bit...

Worked well. I had the same issue as you FYI.
lv2tinker

Post by lv2tinker »

grandad wrote:occasionally i have a round will not load,when you look inside you see the lifter has not come up all the way,usually press cartridge back down and cycle lever, you really have to snap that lever to ensure the lifter comes up all the way.
Any one have similar problem and how to correct???

Grandad
Sounds like the Cartridge Guides are too close together and causing cartridge to hang-up. To check for that try sticking a cartridge nose down in the forward part of the guides and wiggle it. If it drags. it's to tight. Should have a couple thousands clearance between the cartridge and the guides.

Cheers
Here is a link that tells you how to do this:
http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Ros ... _guide.htm