Is this "normal" smooth cycling or unusually smooth?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Clarkie46

Is this "normal" smooth cycling or unusually smooth?

Post by Clarkie46 »

Is this really how smooth the cycling should be? Or is this super smooth? The 13 second video below just seems to be hard to believe. This is dry firing, but the same guy in another video uses live ammo and cycles just as fast.
Airwolf

Re: Is this "normal" smooth cycling or unusually smooth?

Post by Airwolf »

After modifying the action per Steve's video, this video represents exactly how my 92 cycles.
Jeff
44WCF

Post by 44WCF »

thats an 1873 in the video, not an 1892.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
I have some origonal 1892's that were well used over at least 100 years, well oiled and cycle like a skate on ice. I am working with a 1909 Win 92 that was badly abused but getting better all the time.
A new 92 can be polished to work like a 50 year well oiled rifle. Remove the burrs, cycle the action 100 times at some Commi News Network. Coat each wear point with metal polish (I like Flitz) and recycle again 100 times at least. Cleanout the grey mess you just made and oil with sewing machine oil. Now try it. Cycle it another 100+ times. Look closely at the oil.. is it greying.. more metal rubbing somewhere... This is just like breaking in a new racing motor... We are honing the moving parts to each other. Once complete they should have a bright mirror bearing surface.
Now you are ready to try cyclying with dummy bullets which is a whole other story.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.