Brand New Rossi 92 .357 Magnum - Can't Chamber a round...

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brand New Rossi 92 .357 Magnum - Can't Chamber a round..

Post by Ranch Dog »

Model 52 wrote:I live about 3 miles away from gun shop that stocks 16" and 20" carbine models in blue and stainless in .454, .45 Colt and .357. Of course...I want the color case hardened 20" octagon barrel 52203 as well, but I'll probably have to drive about an hour to find one.

Reading your posts, I don't feel so bad.

Man, I would be a mess to walk into a shop that actually stocked leverguns. My FFL will get on a roll once in awhile from my ordering activities and the rifles that come in don't last long but he just doesn't hang in there. Texas, South Texas especially, is not the land of the levergun but the bolt rifle and AR. That is where the sales volume is.
Michael
Model 52
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Model 52 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Model 52 wrote:I live about 3 miles away from gun shop that stocks 16" and 20" carbine models in blue and stainless in .454, .45 Colt and .357. Of course...I want the color case hardened 20" octagon barrel 52203 as well, but I'll probably have to drive about an hour to find one.

Reading your posts, I don't feel so bad.

Man, I would be a mess to walk into a shop that actually stocked leverguns. My FFL will get on a roll once in awhile from my ordering activities and the rifles that come in don't last long but he just doesn't hang in there. Texas, South Texas especially, is not the land of the levergun but the bolt rifle and AR. That is where the sales volume is.
Good thing I didn't mention the Marlins, the Mossbergs or the (used) winchester lever guns.

South Dakota was not really lever gun land either as the ranges are a little long for the .30-30, etc, but you'd see them now and then. North Carolina however is lever gun heaven in comparison.
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

Man, I always pictured Texas as the levergun capital of the world! But then I have never visited that state before. My little isolated town in AK has always at least some levers in the 3 or 4 gun stores but most of them are 45/70 guide guns (bear guns) with an occasional 30-30 and perhaps a pistol caliber thrown in. I was pleased to see the sporting goods section of our box store had a 357 Rossi lever as well as a 30-30 Mossberg for under 300 the other day. Really like to see lever guns on the racks as it is now my main focus it seems.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, South Texas is home to the sendero rifle. You can shoot a long ways, if you want to, along the senderos that are made up of seismic lines, pipelines, power lines, etc. I see very few hunters that actually use a levergun as a primary rifle. None that I can think offhand other than my dad and I.
Michael
RayMich

Post by RayMich »

pricedo wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:I buy from Davidson and they will send you a NIB rifle, unopened, as customers tend not to want them opened. If there are none in stock, they will send it to Rossi and return it to your FFL once it is returned to them. At least this is what I understood from a telephone call I received from a manager over the return process.
Verbal assurances, like verbal checks are only as good as the paper they're written on.
That policy I'd need to see in writing before I bought a Rossi rifle that I hadn't thoroughly inspected from muzzle crown to butt plate and function tested myself.
Davidson's DOES have their Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty in writing on their website as well as in the paperwork I received with the gun. Everyone I have talked to has said that they are great to work with, so we will see how well that woks out for me.

I took the rifle back to my FFL this afternoon and he plans to send it back to Davidson's tomorrow.

Upon further inspection, the carrier in this rifle is badly misaligned pushing the cartridge to the left and causing the tip of the bullet to contact the LH side of the chamber. It is so far off that there is no freakin' way that it can chamber a full size .357 round.

Now, I wait to see what Davidson's says. They don't have an identical one in stock at the moment, so I suspect that they will probably be sending it back to Rossi.

I do hate the waiting game.
:(
- Ray -

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."[/b:
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The old saying back in the Alaska/Yukon gold rush days was "There's gold in them thar hills!"
As the eternal cynic (usually right) I'll believe it when I see it.......I've never put the Davidson's warranty to the test.
Let's see how much yellow is in the bottom of the pan when the mud & silt are washed away. :?:
Be nice to hear from someone who has successfully/unsuccessfully returned a defective gun bought through Davidson's.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson
Tyranny has a name now - Senator Dianne Feinstein & her anti-freedom, anti-constitution allies/backers
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

pricedo wrote:The old saying back in the Alaska/Yukon gold rush days was "There's gold in them thar hills!"
As the eternal cynic (usually right) I'll believe it when I see it.......I've never put the Davidson's warranty to the test.
Let's see how much yellow is in the bottom of the pan when the mud & silt are washed away. :?:
Be nice to hear from someone who has successfully/unsuccessfully returned a defective gun bought through Davidson's.

what!!! no yelling from Buffy?
RayMich

Post by RayMich »

I spoke with my FFL today and he told me that Davidson's will not repair the rifle. They figure that if it won't chamber a round then it's too FUBAR and not worth fixing. They are offering to replace it with a new one (but they don't have any in stock at the moment), or they will give me my money back.

I told my FFL that I will wait a couple of weeks and see if they get any more in stock and hopefully the new rifle will work as intended. If not, I'll ask for my money back and continue my search. Oh, well !

Now I wait... I do hate waiting...

Damn ! ! ! :(
- Ray -

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."[/b:
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

RayMich wrote:I spoke with my FFL today and he told me that Davidson's will not repair the rifle. They figure that if it won't chamber a round then it's too FUBAR and not worth fixing. They are offering to replace it with a new one (but they don't have any in stock at the moment), or they will give me my money back.

I told my FFL that I will wait a couple of weeks and see if they get any more in stock and hopefully the new rifle will work as intended. If not, I'll ask for my money back and continue my search. Oh, well !

Yah but there's light at the end of that long tunnel.
Davidson's is too "major league" to Mickey Mouse you around about 1 rifle.
I'm sure Rossi won't screw around with a big reseller like Davidsons and will make things right on that end.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
RayMich

Post by RayMich »

pricedo wrote:
RayMich wrote:I spoke with my FFL today and he told me that Davidson's will not repair the rifle. They figure that if it won't chamber a round then it's too FUBAR and not worth fixing. They are offering to replace it with a new one (but they don't have any in stock at the moment), or they will give me my money back.

Yah but there's light at the end of that long tunnel.
Davidson's is too "major league" to Mickey Mouse you around about 1 rifle.
I'm sure Rossi won't screw around with a big reseller like Davidsons and will make things right on that end.
I sure hope you are right.
- Ray -