454 Casull Scout

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 454 Casull Scout

Post by Ranch Dog »

Well another thing that enters the picture is that there just isn't many 454's out there. Until the end of the year, the few that I saw where 16" stainless and I was not interested in those rifles at all. Just personal preference.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:Well another thing that enters the picture is that there just isn't many 454's out there. Until the end of the year, the few that I saw where 16" stainless and I was not interested in those rifles at all. Just personal preference.
+1
I'm steering away from the SS R92 & RG models.........not impressed by the cheap quality Rossi nickel plating that sheds like a Diamonbacks skin.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote: +1
I'm steering away from the SS R92 & RG models
It is a hunting thing for me. Hunting hogs when I do I might well be carrying a t-post painted white. You can see a stainless rifle a long way out.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote: +1
I'm steering away from the SS R92 & RG models
It is a hunting thing for me. Hunting hogs when I do I might well be carrying a t-post painted white. You can see a stainless rifle a long way out.
I use SS guns for hunting in inclement weather which is the best time to sneak up on some animals like moose if you happen to know where they are bedded down during the day.
That tactic has worked for me several times.
I have a SS Guide Gun which is perfect for that kind of hunting.
The groggy moose wipes the sleep & rain out of his eyes just in time to be greeted by a 430 grain hard cast lead bullet @ 1700 fps.
The big dirt nap ensues. :mrgreen:

At long last that 92/454 is giving you something other than grief.
Meat on the ground.........that's what it's all about.
You must be getting tired of pork with close to 70 hogs biting the dust over the past 12 months :?:
I've got moose, elk, hog & deer in the freezers which makes for some variety.
I quit eating domestically raised meat years ago because of the food additives & injections given commercially raised livestock which I believe causes a lot of different cancers in humans who consume it.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA