Adding a bayonet to a Rossi 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
TXwaterdog

Adding a bayonet to a Rossi 92

Post by TXwaterdog »

So, I like many swung down to the local gun shop that my old college roommate happens to sling guns at and picked up a couple. I went in for an 870 and came out with an R92 20inch barrel in .44. My purpose is broad and I really think this gun can do it all. First and foremost is self defense (.44 definitely lethal). Second is use hunting hogs, deer 50-100 yards is fine (accurate and reliable so far). Third is to have fun at the range.. (Now I'm considering the cowboy action shooting and It didn't even cross my mind when I was looking for guns).

Here's my question: I would like to set my gun up as a trenchgun type weapon for self defense. I will be using it alot across the board as an all around gun. I'm thinking of adding a bayonet to my octagonal barrel R92 (I'd like it to be a spike that swings out and never detaches). Has anyone done this yet? Suggestions? thoughts?

Something more authentic than this of course.. most likely a spike

origional thread of this build: http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/444-m ... e-3-a.html
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Adding a bayonet to a Rossi 92

Post by akuser47 »

Maybe like an M44 nagant type spike maybe it can be modded to fit the rossi or an sks assembly. I haven't seen it done but amd curious.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Clinebo

Post by Clinebo »

I don't think bayonets are allowed in cowboy action shooting. Are they?
Lostcoast

Post by Lostcoast »

I am suffering from cognitive dissonance after looking at that photo.. :)
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Before you do anything, I'd suggest that you check with you local and state laws. Here in Colorado it's legal to use a rifle for self defense but not with a bayonet on it. I don't know why they wrote it up that way but they did.
TXwaterdog

Post by TXwaterdog »

@Lostcoast: lol, I know what you mean, that marlin looks horrible. What I have in mind is much better looking. I was thinking of photoshoping something.. I was just interested to see if anyone else has done it and if they have pictures of something not so tragic looking.

@COSteve: good point i don't know if Texas has any laws for this type of thing. I know you can't wear a bowie knife in public, but you can have a bowie knife in a bag or in your car (unless going to and from a fishing or hunting ground). concealed knifes with in certain length are ok.. I think if it's a 5 1/2 inch blade or less.

Just thinking about something I can attach or detach.. as far as cowboy SASS shooting goes, it will be detached. As far as hog hunting goes it will be attached.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ideal firearm for a Zombie apocalypse. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
TXwaterdog

Post by TXwaterdog »

Ideal firearm for a Zombie apocalypse. :lol:
Image[/quote]

That is exactly the idea. Did you expect me to go out and buy a $2000 Ar and bolt flashlights on it instead?
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

I usually shake my head at the bayonet thing. The first time someone hung one on a pistol rail, it was funny because it mocked the junk hanging on some. After that first time, it was like hearing the same joke over and over. I'm a Garand lover, and don't own a single Garand bayonet.

But for some reason, I am kinda warming up to this. Maybe it's because I was just looking at my copy of the Madis Winchester book a couple of days ago and saw the Winchester-made bayonets for Russian contract model 1895 muskets.

I think a rod bayonet from a late Trapdoor would look best. If you can give up the ammo, make it so it telescopes into the magazine tube. Replace the front band screw with a cross button that retained both the band and the bayonet.
I doubt many people would know what the bayonet was.
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

Winchester made some "Musket" military versions of their lever actions. Do a search and you may get an idea of how to do this.