Login Quesstion for the troops

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
jstanfield103

Login Quesstion for the troops

Post by jstanfield103 »

Guy's just a quick question. I am on several forums (GUN) and there is only a couple that I have to login on every time I visit. This site especially. Can someone please explain why it is not remembering me and not auto logging me in. Love the sight but it is a little frustrating.
COSteve

Re: Login Quesstion for the troops

Post by COSteve »

When you log in it has a box below that you need to check to keep you logged in. If you don't check that box you'll be logged out every time you leave the site.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I can't imagine wanting to stay logged in when I am not here. I make my PC remember the password and it also knows to open this forum on the log in page so it's the same amount of work either way.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
fayettefatts

Post by fayettefatts »

GasGuzzler wrote: 22 Mar 2024 06:01 I can't imagine wanting to stay logged in when I am not here. I make my PC remember the password and it also knows to open this forum on the log in page so it's the same amount of work either way.
Curious as to why is it a problem staying logged in?
COSteve

Post by COSteve »

I'm not sure if you're actually logged in while you're offline. I think it's just that the website 'remembers' your computer.

Perhaps the moderators could chime in and explain exactly what happens.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The FAQs... answer most of these questions. The link is found in the sub-header menu. This link deals with login issues and cookies.

https://rossi-rifleman.com/app.php/help/faq#f0r7

The short of it is that if you want to remain logged in and you have checked the appropriate box when you initially log in, you probably have a problem with the cookie the forum left on your computer. Find the "Delete cookies" prompt on the footer menu bar to correct this. This will log you out. When you log back in, check that "stay logged in" box, and you should be good to go until something compromises the cookie.

A log of maintenance programs such as Norton, CCleaner, etc, love removing cookies.
Michael
runfiverun
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by runfiverun »

I've been logged in for like 10 years now... unless I go through and delete all my cookies, then I have to log in on all the sites I visit and re-click the box.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

fayettefatts wrote: 22 Mar 2024 08:39
GasGuzzler wrote: 22 Mar 2024 06:01 I can't imagine wanting to stay logged in when I am not here. I make my PC remember the password and it also knows to open this forum on the log in page so it's the same amount of work either way.
Curious as to why is it a problem staying logged in?
It's not a problem just unnecessary.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Okay guy's,

I went to the cookies and added this address to it. So it would allow the cookie be placed and so far so good if that makes any since. I am a member of I don't know how many Gun Forums and this is the only one that I had to keep logging in. All others auto log in. Now it seems this one is too, so time will tell.

Thanks for all the help.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Well that did not work, had to log in again today.