I'm new to Rossi ownership

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Meteor1968

I'm new to Rossi ownership

Post by Meteor1968 »

Hello from Western Canada and thank you for accepting me into this group. I am brand new to Rossi ownership and like many others, I chose the R92 in 20" blued barrel and wood stock in .357/.38 special. I've only fired 10 test rounds of .38 but find the gun a lot of fun to shoot. I only own one other lever gun - the Henry H001 in .22LR.
I'd like to hear from owners who shoot with the semi buckhorn sights, as I'd like to learn more about using them. I'm totally new to this style of sight.

Hope to get out briefly tomorrow to plink a bit, if it's not too cold.
Proud owner of an R92 with 20" blued barrel in .357/.38
JRexA

Re: I'm new to Rossi ownership

Post by JRexA »

With my Rossi 44 Mag, in order to "smooth it up" I watched a Western, while continuesly repeating the rifle (Empty of course)
After a couple of hours of that, it was much much smoother, than out of the box.
I then cleaned it thoroughly and lubed it up.
I had to do that again, when fitting a Large Loop Lever.

As for using the Semi Buckhorn, I make the front sight fit in the little Groove, just below the red line on the pic.
semi-front.jpg
As my eyes are too old for that, I will replace with a Williams Receiver Peep or something similar, when I find someone, to Drill and tap the rifle, for me. Nearest real gun smith, is km. 4000 away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Shooting from Greenland
Jesper Rex
MoMan

Post by MoMan »

Meteor1968, welcome to the site from Western Kentucky!!
You're going to really like that R92. They are well-built, fun rifles to shoot.
My most recent one is a SS & wood 16" carbine, in .357mag. I have a 'few' others, and love 'em all. I reload, so I tailor my loads to my liking.

Poke around here, there is a metric ton of useful info available, and some just plain talking about our R92's (AND R95's as well!!)

I'm not sure if you're a reloader or not, but check out our 'sister' board at: https://www.lee-loader.com

Enjoy your stay!!
MO

Member: Kentucky Regulators G.C./LaSalle Sportsmen's Club/NRA
Meteor1968

Post by Meteor1968 »

Mo;
I'm enjoying shooting the 92 for sure! Thanks for the welcome. Kentucky has a special place in my..... heart, due to its production of some fine beverages, lol.
MoMan

Post by MoMan »

Yessir, our Bourbon has that effect on folks!!!
MO

Member: Kentucky Regulators G.C./LaSalle Sportsmen's Club/NRA
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

JRexA,
Has the perfect picture in his post. The Buckhorn sights are very accurate and work really well if used correctly. That being said I have grown very fond of the Marbles Bullseye sight. I am 62 now and a diabetic for the last 42 years, my eye sight has suffered just a little. I find a rear peep or this Bullseye sight works really well. The Bullseye sight is very strong and quick to pick up. The eye centers the front sight very quickly and natural. I like it so much I now have 9 levers with it on them.

Here is my Rossi 92 in 357 with that sight on her.

Meteor1968

Post by Meteor1968 »

It looks really good. Where did you get it? Did you change your front sight too?
Bazoo

Post by Bazoo »

Howdy from another Kentuckian. Welcome to the forum.
Cataloging the world's bullets.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Meteor1968,
I bought all mine off ebay. With this rear sight you most of the time do not have to but if I don't then the rear sight is usually bottomed out to get her on target or point of aim. So I do put a taller front sight on mine I like some adjustability in my sight and prefer it not bottomed out.