Few questions

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
runfiverun
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Few questions

Post by runfiverun »

I want to be able to shoot 180-200gr lead subsonic/suppressed.

you could just buy yourself a nice Ruger american in 300 bo with the 1-8 twist barrel and use printed load data.
it isn't a lever rifle, but it does have the threaded barrel, and it's cheap enough to about cover the cost of the suppressor.
minus the couple hundred dollars it takes to file a trust.
Redleg11B

Post by Redleg11B »

That is a good suggestion. I have a suppressor that will handle anything up to 300WM and has a 35 cal hole in the end. I want the gun to be 1) 357 of some variant 2) a 77/357 or a single shot is just not my forte for this particular want. That leaves a lever or pump and I prefer a lever. The fact that the 357 Mag is top choice right now is because of Don's 360DW experience and a straight wall cartridge will open the gun's use to hunting a specific area I may have the opportunity to be this upcoming season. I also have a bunch of brass, bullets, powder, etc for the 357 Mag already in my inventory.
Redleg11B

Post by Redleg11B »

More important than heavy subs, is just subs in general for fun. I'd like to use the heavy subs for <50 yd hunting, but I can deal with supers only for hunting if the whole package has other advantages. To me, the weight of the Henry makes it less than ideal for carrying around in and out of tight spaces up and down mountains. There are pros and cons of both the Henry and the R92. I just need to figure out which pros are more important to me.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

14.X grains of Li'lGun under one of my 360180 NOE bullets after GC and PC is about as bad as a .357 Rossi can get.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.