Re-REintroduction...

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Jeff H
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re-REintroduction...

Post by Jeff H »

I remember when Michael first started this site up, as well as the Lee Loader site, after having "known" him online because of his amazing bullet designs, of which I have moulds for several, but not enough. In fact, I'd have no qualms about replacing all my old (almost ancient) designs of other moulds with his designs.

Without a Rossi in my own battery for some years, I didn't have a lot useful to contribute here. As well, as with many of you, recent times have been a bit busy and difficult, without boring everyone with details. Same old story here and plenty of it. Oh, and having left industry and started teaching several years ago,... man, I had no idea what I was in for. Half the pay and twice the work was only the beginning! :shock:

The reason I found to come back and contribute something useful was that I FOUND something useful to contribute! I bought one of Rossi's new DA revolvers (after an annoyingly long wait) and wanted to come here and share my experience so far, because I assumed some of you appreciated their older models like I did and might be hesitant to jump in one of the new ones.

I've recently posted in the Revolver section and mentioned it in the Rio Grand/95 section. Not new posts, but tagging onto ones already started to add to what others have contributed. I've had several older Rossi revolvers and liked them. I've owned a lot of revolvers that I DIDN'T like, but none of those were Rossis. I've handled, shot and worked on several Rossi revolvers which were not mine, so I have at least a little history with them.

Time is still an issue and I have pared down my personal battery to a bare minimum, so I don't know just how useful I'll be here in the future, but I do love this forum and try to peek in from time to time. The atmosphere, void of the arrogance and ignorance - the prejudices regarding "cheap guns" is always refreshing. I always enjoy the objective and honest discussion without unqualified and uninformed criticism, though valid criticism is still always objectively rendered. I personally harbor an especial fondness for what many consider "cheap guns" of various makes.

If anyone who hasn't gotten one of the new Rossi revolvers has any questions, I'd be happy to help. If i get time to do a full review, I will, but that could be a while. I know how to measure stuff and am very familiar with the guys of different revolvers, so maybe I can help if someone is trying to decide whether they should spend their hard-earned cash on one. Honestly, I'm very impressed with this revolver. If it weren't still in the single-digits right now, I'd shirk some responsibilities and mess with it a bit more today.

Jeff, NW Ohio
Bazoo

Re: Re-REintroduction...

Post by Bazoo »

Howdy. Thanks for sharing. I like cheap guns, and expensive guns. I'd take a R92 to accompany my Winchester 92 in a heartbeat; when I find a suitable one for fit and finish. I'd especially like to find one of those rare 480 Ruger ones, but I'll settle for a 357 Magnum or 45 colt probably, since my Winchester is 44 Magnum.
Cataloging the world's bullets.