Mag tube swivel stud

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
oldfogey

Mag tube swivel stud

Post by oldfogey »

Any of you levergunners using the Uncle Mikes half band magazine tube mounted swivel studs? How is that working out for you?
GasGuzzler

Re: Mag tube swivel stud

Post by GasGuzzler »

Had one on the .454 I re-did. Worked fine. It was on there when I got the rifle so I cannot attest 100% it was the specific brand.

Had to drill out the stripped screw and make a new one fit but that could have been the fault of the installer before I had the rifle.

Bought a new, hand-made buffalo hide sling on eBay.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
oldfogey

Post by oldfogey »

Nice
barracudadave67

Post by barracudadave67 »

I have one of those on all 4 of my R-92s. They work just fine.
If you order some of them, be sure to measure the tube diameter, as they come in different sizes for the diameter of your tube. Uncle Mikes, and one other company, has them. You can get them from Midway.

Dave
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

I have them on my two BL-22 Browning's, on my two Winchester 92's, on my two Rossi 92's and also on my 1873 Uberti. They have not gave me any problems. But when I put them on I use red Loctite (not on the screw) but the clamp part to help them stay in place and not move side to side.

oldfogey

Post by oldfogey »

That set up looks like the best way to go for a front swivel stud on my M92 Rossi. I considered the idea of drilling and tapping the rear barrel band but have read alot where folks have had trouble with front and rear barrel band screws I didn't want to mess with them. UM has a set they advertise for a 1984 Marlin 357 that has the right dimension for the Rossi 357 tube. Main issue I"ve read is the tube bands tend to move side to side so figured first I'd go with lining inside of the clamp with electrical tape and see if that holds if not there's the red locktite option
Deleted User 5571

Post by Deleted User 5571 »

I use a little blue loctite on them, never had one slip on any of mine.
oldfogey

Post by oldfogey »

Thanks for the info
Cassy

Post by Cassy »

I recently ordered a black barrel band for a 45 Colt model from Rossi to replace one that was stripped out and scratched. When it arrived it had a small threaded hole in the bottom. I called customer service and asked why they sent it and what the hole was for. They could not answer that and told me it was sent by mistake. They sent me the one I ordered and let me keep the one with the hole. I got the idea to open the hole up and thread it for a black camera strap eyelet. Works perfectly for a front sling mount. Makes me wonder if they are planning to start installing sling options on their black oxide models. I cannot imagine what else the hole would have been for.