Got my 454 yesterday,

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
LittleBill

Got my 454 yesterday,

Post by LittleBill »

And I have to say, Im a little disappointed. The finish is definitely subpar and couple that with these

and the fact that it wasnt the one the seller had pictured equals disappointment. How can a manufacturer let something like this go out the door knowing what the selling prices is? Baffels me.
Teo craters priminently fisplayed on either side of the receuver of a SS gun. May not look like much in the pics but they are plenty deep enough to hook a fingernail or most anything else. Too deep in fact to be finished out of the final product. Shameful if you ask me.
The guns only saving grace is its bor and chamber, theyre beautifully done and the action is decent, it chambers both 454 and 45LC, at least the ones Ive tried. I havent fired any yet though.
Contacted Rossi and sent pics and now they want the serial # and my address.
jstanfield103

Re: Got my 454 yesterday,

Post by jstanfield103 »

Yes I would imagine they do want all that. They are probably going to send a shipping label for it. That is terrible quality. I've had mine about a week and a half, very happy with it. I would not be happy with the seller of that rifle period, especially since it was not the one pictured. They probably would be getting it back and if it was a GunBroker deal I would give them a not so good write up if they did not take care of you. But then again they are not easy to find and you would probably not get the replacement. It might be better to have Rossi just replace or repair it. I will be watching. Sorry to see you having this trouble.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

Casting voids in the receiver? If so, not a good sign.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

To be corrected properly it needs replaced by entirely different rifle.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
LittleBill

Post by LittleBill »

So rossi contacted me this morning and said I should have a fedex lable within 24 hours.
Casting voids, yes, apt description. I was trying to articulate the defect to them, casting voids too deep to finish out and I alsi noted that the lines, sharps lines present on my 357 are not present on this one and curved/ rounded surfaces are very sloppy and mishapened like they tried to work out the defects but couldnt go any further. I actually noted this in my last reply to rossi that in my opinion a new rifle would be the only option given that thinning the sides of this receiver even more on such a high pressure cartridge is probably not the best option. And working out the areas effected only will result in larger defects of another sort. SS highlights uneven areas even more.
Wasnt gunbroker, Guns.com. I had never dealt with them before and didnt do my homework and understand how they work. The rigle actually came from a seller on Gun roker, Guncrew, whos 454's I had looked at but didnt buy precisely because they were the older style without the elements I mentioned before. I cintacted them too and they said it was between me and Guns.com.
As far as a bad review, what do they care about one person? Sure Im %@*&$ about the whole thing and it doesnt seem right to me but getting online and badmouthing businesses or people just isnt my style, I just will never give them anymore of my business. Theyll not be bothered by this either but I will feel alot better.
Danged shame too, the bore and chamber are beautifully done.

And I dont know how many rounds Rossi fires through their 92 to function test but there is alot of copper in that barrel. I find that pretty strange.
LittleBill

Post by LittleBill »

Another question, would yall go shoot it first ti see if its a keeper or not? Barring the ugly on the outside what if its really accurate. Heck, Ive had women who were not so much on the outside but boy they were nice.
Shoot it first? Isnt gonna matter to rossi is it?
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Me I wouldn't care if it is a shooter or not. Every time I picked it up it would bug the heck out of me. I would take the chance on a new one.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I would not shoot it. May lessen the chance of getting a new replacement.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

DO NOT SHOOT THAT RIFLE!!! I Repeat. DO NOT SHOOT THAT RIFLE!!! Casting voids that are that readily apparent signal a compromise in the structural integrity and metallurgy of the receiver.
What's the old saying? "Curiosity killed the cat?" Bolt force (that rearward pressure of the fired cartridge against the bolt face) is in a direct relationship to chamber pressure. SAAMI max chamber pressure of the 454 Casull is 65,000 psi. That's about a 32 1/2 ton air piston just inches in front of your face.
"The professional Man-at-Arms does not fear the gun. But, He most certainly Respects it."
Last edited by Gunny268 on 26 Oct 2023 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
LittleBill

Post by LittleBill »

You're probably right about not firing it so I wont. On the other hand I dont see how they could/would be able to sell it to someone else like that.