Hello from North Central Indiana

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Thebige58

Hello from North Central Indiana

Post by Thebige58 »

Hello All, just found this forum a couple days ago. My interest in Rossi lever guns started around 2005 when I purchased a nice used Rossi 92 carbine in 45 Colt at a gunshow in northern California. I already had acquired several Marlin & Henry lever guns before that. And enjoyed them all along with several revolvers in various calibers. The 45 Colt quickly became my favorite. Other than the 22 caliber rifles & handguns, I have reloaded for all other centerfire guns. I enjoy reloading as much as I do shooting.
In Sept 2015 a wild fire swept through our area in northern California while we were out of town and we lost everything. When we were able to get to our property there was nothing salvageable. The large full gunsafe was intact & when I opened it up with the help of some hotshot fire fighters, all that was left was steel & wood charcoal.
Since then I have been working on replacing as much of my original collection as possible plus a few new items. Pretty much have replaced over the years all my reloading equipment also.
May 2021 I retired at 62 from a career as a power plant operator. We sold our property in northern California & moved to our property in Northern Central Indiana aka Michiana. We are a stones throw from the Indiana Michigan Stateline. Best thing we ever did & both the wife & I love it here. Being in a very conservative state is really a nice change for sure for all the obvious reasons.
Looking forward to exploring the forum & learning from others about my Rossi 92 rifle that has replaced my old rifles lost in the fire.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Hello from North Central Indiana

Post by Gunny268 »

Welcome, from Arkansas!
Heavy iron

Re: Hello from North Central Indiana

Post by Heavy iron »

Welcome to the forum. A lot of great info and knowledge about the great rossi offerings. Great to have you on board.
Ackley was right all along