Back in the saddle

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Back in the saddle

Post by golfish »

I forget how much I really like these guns. I got the new Henry yesterday and was real happy to have another lever gun. Well, a knock on the door, a white truck and I'm happy again, My Rossi rifle just got back home from Florida and they fixed the feeding issues. It now feeds .357 and .38sp rounds.

Here's what the note from Rossi says
Problem found: "Barrel ramp has incorrect angle" ......Resolution: "Adjusted"

I'd like to thank Lostcoast for posting that phone number.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Back in the saddle

Post by akuser47 »

I am glad it worked out for you.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

akuser47 wrote:I am glad it worked out for you.
Thanks Brother, I'm going to wait until after my sons Bday to test it out. He has no idea about the Henry. I know he would rather have a 60.00 video game over a 300.00 carbine but too bad for him :) I put new front and rear sights on the rossi the day before I shipped it out, we should have fun trying to sight in our new rifles.
Lostcoast

Post by Lostcoast »

Hey Golfish,

Glad to hear that your Rossi is back safe and sound and REPAIRED. I look forward to hearing your range report.

I am in the process of reshaping and refinishing the replacement stocks that Taurus sent me and will soon be posting about the process and results.

I hope you and your son enjoy many excellent hours together with your respective leverguns!

Kevin
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Kevin, are you refinishing a rifle or carbine?

I'd sure like to read some step by step on removing the forend stock on the rifle.

Did you see AK's refinish job on his carbine? It looked it up on another site...great stuff

I can refinish wood, I'm just afraid to remove the front stock..I don't want to screw it up.

I have an old 9 shoot H&R double action 22lr that my son loves to shoot but its not "cowboy" I'm thinking a bearcat would be a nice gift for next year +guns ....

The more I look at the Rossi the more I like it. I only had it for a few weeks before I sent it back.

I'm just glad I have to ammo to shoot...man!! that stuff it getting hard to find
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

Glad you got him back and fixed GF! Now for the range report? I just got my second Rossi 92 in 357 and you're right, these are just fun accurate, and affordable guns. The feedramp issue is prolific though. From the factory mine were are rough as 80 grit. Along with springs and smoothing the edges, one of the biggest things I've found with feeding is not to remove metal from the feed ramp but just to smooth it out with cratex wheels and a dremel tool. Both of mine feed like butter, now I just need to get better with the iron sights. On the 24" barrel I've got, the Marbles Ghost Ring rear is a HUGE improvement -- but my eyes are over 50 so they really like scopes...........

Art
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. "
---Theodore Roosevelt
Lostcoast

Post by Lostcoast »

golfish wrote:Kevin, are you refinishing a rifle or carbine?

I'd sure like to read some step by step on removing the forend stock on the rifle.

Did you see AK's refinish job on his carbine? It looked it up on another site...great stuff

I can refinish wood, I'm just afraid to remove the front stock..I don't want to screw it up.

I have an old 9 shoot H&R double action 22lr that my son loves to shoot but its not "cowboy" I'm thinking a bearcat would be a nice gift for next year +guns ....

The more I look at the Rossi the more I like it. I only had it for a few weeks before I sent it back.

I'm just glad I have to ammo to shoot...man!! that stuff it getting hard to find
I am refinishing a carbine. To remove the forend I removed the screw holding the barrel band and removed the barrel band from the forend, then completely removed the magazine tube, then pulled-slid out the forend. Until the mag tube was removed I could not budge the forend but afterwards it was not very difficult.

Hope this helps.

Kevin