Butt cover for Rossi 45 Colt pictures

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Butt cover for Rossi 45 Colt pictures

Post by joec »

Sorry to take so long getting these pictures taken but weather here just didn't lend it self to picture taking. At any rate it worked excellent with Ranch Dog's 290 gr 45 Colt bullets as far as taking the pain out of shooting them. :D
IMG_0552_sm.jpg
IMG_0554_sm.jpg
IMG_0555_sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Butt cover for Rossi 45 Colt pictures

Post by pricedo »

joec wrote:Sorry to take so long getting these pictures taken but weather here just didn't lend it self to picture taking. At any rate it worked excellent with Ranch Dog's 290 gr 45 Colt bullets as far as taking the pain out of shooting them. :D
IMG_0552_sm.jpg
IMG_0554_sm.jpg
IMG_0555_sm.jpg
Any cartridge loops on the other side?

I've got a coupla custom made leather butt stock covers on order for my 2 Guide Guns.......about $75 each.

I guess a guy could make them on the cheap out of a worn out pair of high top leather work boots. :shock:
Just cut the boot off above the ankle and sew a piece of leather on the end. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

pricedo wrote:
joec wrote:Sorry to take so long getting these pictures taken but weather here just didn't lend it self to picture taking. At any rate it worked excellent with Ranch Dog's 290 gr 45 Colt bullets as far as taking the pain out of shooting them. :D

Any cartridge loops on the other side?

I've got a coupla custom made leather butt stock covers on order for my 2 Guide Guns.......about $75 each.

I guess a guy could make them on the cheap out of a worn out pair of high top leather work boots. :shock:
Just cut the boot off above the ankle and sew a piece of leather on the end. :mrgreen:
No bullet loops because I didn't want any but this was made from new leather but guess a pair of boots could be used. :mrgreen:

Oh and the price of this was about $40 and would of cost me $5 to add the bullet loops. I have a belt with loops for both 45 Colt and 45-70 loads for my 45 Colt side arm that is backup. He also could of done it with velcro or snaps and I chose the lace up method so I could tighten it as needed.
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Looks nice
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice! Them Dogs, always causing pain!
Michael
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Those are cool looking and functional too..I wonder if I can get one for a Henry H001
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

golfish wrote:Those are cool looking and functional too..I wonder if I can get one for a Henry H001
I'm sure someone probably makes one if not drop me a PM and perhaps the guy that made mine can. I don't think he has a Henry rifle to go by but don't know for sure but do know he has a Rossi, Marlin and a Winchester.
Joe
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Ranch Dog wrote:Very nice! Them Dogs, always causing pain!
I wasn't sure till I tried it and it did make a lot of difference. I shot a couple with out it then laced it up and shot a couple more. That stuff I listed really does work as it took out I would guess about 50% of the felt recoil. The loads feel just a bit heavier than my normal black powder loads. I could shot these all day long now with out getting into flinch mode. :D

Here is one more picture I couldn't post earlier in the same post and forgot about. I will tighten the laces as it stretches over time.
IMG_0556_sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Joe,
That's a great picture...it looks like its ready to kick somebody right in the %@*&$

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I thought for sure it was made from a high leather top hunting or work boot when I first saw it.
I'm not trying to be facetious......some of those top quality hunting boots are made from very good leather and the tops are still good when the sole and boot are worn out.
Wouldn't take much to make leather butt covers of of them...........they're already laced. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA