R92 in 357 Mag Starts the Stack for 2013!

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

R92 in 357 Mag Starts the Stack for 2013!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Used my little 357 Mag Scout to start the "hog stack" for 2013. Running a couple of days behind because I'm under the weather. Shot a very large sow late last night when got up to use the restroom. She was tearing up my yard! Nice 80 yard shot with my 175-grain bullet. I could tell that she only made it to the edge of the brush so I went back to bed as I'm still under the flu bug. Got up this morning and thought I would take a picture and get one of my hunters to work on her but damned if the coyotes didn't rip her up real bad... right in my yard!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: R92 in 357 Mag Starts the Stack for 2013!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Oh, 2012 finished at 130 hogs. Real weak finish as there was some real missed opportunities the last few days of the year.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

TARGETS IN THE MAKIN
Walking pork targets make for much more exciting shooting +guns than dull paper targets +zzz .
For every shot you take there's a sow in the brush nursing a half dozen or more baby targets for next year.
I think you might run out of bullets before you run out of targets. :shock:
Better crank the lead melting pot & reloading press up a notch or two. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Pb2au

Post by Pb2au »

Great way to start the year! It sounds like you are off to a good start, even under the weather :D
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeap, would be mighty boring around here without them. I found a bunch of little ones like these one time. I reached down to look at one I was thinking about keeping and it bit through my hand.

These must be coastal pigs enjoying a day at the beach!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Pb2au wrote:Great way to start the year! It sounds like you are off to a good start, even under the weather :D
Yeah, got in a little trouble with that from the wife. I went out at midnight just as the hogs moved back into the brush. I just stayed put because I could hear them back in the brush and the grass rooting around. They went over into the lake and splashed around a bit and finally worked their way back to my yard. I knew they would. I came in at 1:20, got mighty cold out there in my PJs. Wife says I'm never going to get better but hey, what is a guy supposed to do when he can hear them. At least I didn't go after them and waited for them to come to me.

While I was typing this my wife just walked in and said she can see some about 100 yards out there in the grass. Might be another long night. Might never get better. ;)
Michael