Can't find one!!!!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Just Dave

Can't find one!!!!

Post by Just Dave »

Well I finally made up my mind to add a 24" .357 model 92 with an octagon barrel to complement my 20". I decided I like the Case Hardened receiver over the Stainless due to the fingerprint issues. The Kicker is that I can't find one in the whole country. There is place on Guns America that is showing 4 in stock but they are about 300 orders behind and have shut down new orders and answering the phone until they can figure out where they are. I will be glad when this feeding frenzy subsides. Not like this is one of those "Evil" so called assault rifles. Seems like I could find just one somewhere. Does anyone know if you can find out from Taurus about expected shipments on these things? I had checked Davidsons the other day and they had 17 of them in stock and I messed around and slept on it and the next day they were all gone. Talk about aggravating.
jimbtx1

Re: Can't find one!!!!

Post by jimbtx1 »

Buds Gun Shop has them with blued receiver, not case hardenedhttp://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/inde ... ssi+Rifles

Hinterland has the same and the 20" octagon case hardenedhttp://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/rem ... _1466.html

You probably have already seen these...just thought I would post them in case you might be interested
Just Dave

Post by Just Dave »

Thanks for the links and yes I have already checked them. I already have a 20" and want a 24" this time. I settled with what I could get last time and not going to now. If I have to wait, I have to wait. I went ahead and ordered one of those on GunsAmerica that showed them having 4. Maybe they still have one. Guess I will find out next week sometime. Here is a direct link to them. Seem like good folks from the reviews they have. http://www.robertsontradingpost.com/ They were the only place in the whole country that showed having even 1 in stock that I could find. I have seen lots of Blued 24's though. I have ran across a few Stainless 24's as well on my hunt.
Just Dave

Post by Just Dave »

Good News for me. Just got off the phone and they still have four of them and I am second in line. Gonna take them a few days to dig out of their hole to get it processed though. So they still have 2 more as of this second if anybody else wants one.
Just Dave

Post by Just Dave »

Finally got it today. The fit and finish is unbelievable on this one, no gaps at all anywhere for wood to metal. Case hardening looks great and it seems to cycle Really smooth. Gonna try it out tomorrow after I clean all this factory crap out of it. Will try and get some pictures of it tomorrow in the sun for y'all. This one looks way better than my 20" did when I first got it and I thought it was above average for the ones I have held. I know I was taking a chance ordering it like that but it seems like it worked out. I have never seen a 24" on the rack at any store anyway. Merry Christmas to me.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Can't wait to hear how she shoots and see the pics :shock:
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Merry Christmas to You.... +guns

Mine is on a fedex truck and should be here on Wed..can't wait

You know "it never happened without pictures"
+corn
williamc

Post by williamc »

I debated before ordering mine on the internet sight unseen, but I've personally handled 4 different recent-manufacture Rossi 92s in the last 2 weeks and all had very good fit and finish. Can't wait till mine comes!
Rossi 92 - 16" Stainless .44 Magnum
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

If anyone else is looking for these tell your local dealer Bill Hicks has dozens -- or they did two days ago, they seem to have a pretty good stock of them but you have to be a dealer to get them:

www.billhicksco.com

And great people to deal with and the majority of the Rossi 92's dealer cost is around $385-$430 depending on model.

Art
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. "
---Theodore Roosevelt
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

weconway wrote:I debated before ordering mine on the internet sight unseen, but I've personally handled 4 different recent-manufacture Rossi 92s in the last 2 weeks and all had very good fit and finish. Can't wait till mine comes!

Good luck with that weconway. :shock:

+corn +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA