Hi from Vienna

Tell us a bit about yourself!
zeitnah

Hi from Vienna

Post by zeitnah »

Servus Rossi Rifleman Forum,

A few months ago I purchased a Rossi 92 in .357mag and while being a nice shooter the loading gate has been a source for trouble ever since. Searching the Internet for a solution has led me to this forum. Usually I try to avoid membership in forums but I guess you can't go wrong with a Rossi (92) forum! I'm happy to be here and I'm looking forward to tons of interesting topics and infos and pictures and opinions and ....

Cheers, Peter
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Hi from Vienna

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome and post your issues in the 92 section and many will be glad to try and help.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

zeitnah wrote:Servus Rossi Rifleman Forum,

A few months ago I purchased a Rossi 92 in .357mag and while being a nice shooter the loading gate has been a source for trouble ever since. Searching the Internet for a solution has led me to this forum. Usually I try to avoid membership in forums but I guess you can't go wrong with a Rossi (92) forum! I'm happy to be here and I'm looking forward to tons of interesting topics and infos and pictures and opinions and ....

Cheers, Peter
99.99% of trouble with the loading gate is the stiff retention spring.
Purposely weakening the spring by shaving the sides to make it look more like a hour glass in cross section than a rectangle is just as often the answer.
Do this incrementally until the spring feels right........just closing the gate & holding it closed with about 3 pounds detente instead of pulling a thumb nail out by the root each time.
You don't want a sloppy loading gate either.
Merry Xmas & Happy New Year.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum zeitnah. Pricedo hit the nail on the head with fixing the issue you are experiencing. The action must be disassembled for this work.
Michael
zeitnah

Post by zeitnah »

Thanks to all for the welcome and the advice! The loading gate spring indeed seems to be rather stiff, but I always considered that as being normal. Good thing is that I now know how to spend my Christmas holidays ;) .
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

Welcome to the forum!
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson