New Rossi With Poor Wood-Metal Fitting, Etc

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Rossi With Poor Wood-Metal Fitting, Etc

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:So much for the New Years firearms attrition resolution. :lol:
You'll have a chance to renew it in a few days & wind up with even more guns in 2014. :mrgreen:
Sell 1 ....buy 3 .......that must be the new Rossi Rifleman definition of ATTRITION. :D
:D

I figure I can't be the Forum Boss without experiencing them all! I actually almost bought RG chambered in 410 as well. A fellow in town has one and offered in up for $300. I really thought about it but I cannot figure out what I would use it for or what I would feed it as I'm not about buy shotshells for it.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:So much for the New Years firearms attrition resolution. :lol:
You'll have a chance to renew it in a few days & wind up with even more guns in 2014. :mrgreen:
Sell 1 ....buy 3 .......that must be the new Rossi Rifleman definition of ATTRITION. :D
:D

I figure I can't be the Forum Boss without experiencing them all! I actually almost bought RG chambered in 410 as well. A fellow in town has one and offered in up for $300. I really thought about it but I cannot figure out what I would use it for or what I would feed it as I'm not about buy shotshells for it.
Almost got a RG 410 on the rebound from a chap at our company........the guy was peeved & wanted to dump the gun.
Was jamming every 2nd shot.
I took a look at it and after the routine clean-up (rule #1: you can't work effectively with dirty/oily parts) took a coupla burrs off the inside of the receiver that were interfering with the lifter arm & it was cycling with my baby finger when done.
Didn't charge him a dime......took me less than an hour including dis/re assembly time.
You develop an instinct for what's wrong with a misbehaving Rossi after the first dozen or so times with one in the padded vise.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Almost got a RG 410 on the rebound from a chap at our company........the guy was peeved & wanted to dump the gun.
Too bad you (and I) have a conscience as it would have been a great way to acquire an addition to the lineup!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I've read & heard alot about proper w/m fit but of my 2 Remlin Guide Guns that I rehabilitated last winter the 1 with the poorest w/m fit is the most accurate of the 2.
That thing gives me phenomenal accuracy with a hand load with Starline cases, H4198 powder and 400 grain Barnes Original bullets.
W/m fit may be a factor in accuracy determination but it certainly isn't the sole factor.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA