New member who has a .45 18" Blued Rossi 92 and SS .357

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: New member who has a .45 18" Blued Rossi 92 and SS .357

Post by pricedo »

Just Dave wrote:
Unloading it on an unsuspecting patron at a gun show would be the last thing I would do, Karma is a * when it catches up to you and it always comes back around.
I didn't say unsuspecting .......you did.
Perhaps somebody would be willing to take on the gun knowing of its outstanding problem at a discount considering the relative scarcity of the Rossi guns.
If I was at that gun show I probably would have bought it for perhaps $350-$400 depending on my overall opinion of the gun and had it up & running in a day or so as I've done several times before with Rossi rifles bought back in the "old days" when there was poor QC at Amadeo Rossi :D ........a good down payment on a new gun purchase at the show........this time a gun you get to handle and inspect before laying your money on the counter.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
dionesius3

Post by dionesius3 »

golfish wrote:FWIW, if you have to send it back to Braztech expect a long wait. I sent mine over two weeks ago and its still sitting in a corner next to all the other none working guns somewhere in Florida waiting for one of Santa's elves to fix it..
That is the great thing about buying from Davidson's, you don't have to worry about Braztec you just call them and they handle the issue.

Look them up; Davidson's Gallery go Guns they have an awesome lifetime warranty.
dionesius3

Post by dionesius3 »

[quote=" Just bear in mind that you did not choose a Perrazzi , nor did you pay for one. Rossi's are great little carbines and a blast to shoot but are not known for premium fit and finish.

I

Unloading it on an unsuspecting patron at a gun show would be the last thing I would do, Karma is a * when it catches up to you and it always comes back around. Never would have even crossed my mind to do that. Keep us posted please on what you do and how it works out.[/quote]

I agree totally, I just didn't expect there to be as big a difference between two guns made less than a year apart.
The .45 is finished as nice as ANY modern Winchester 92 I have ever seen. Although it wouldn't live up to the Winchesters of the 1950's and before.

The .357 really should have never left the factory. There is NO functional problems with it, it is just sloppy and shows a general lack of concern for cosmetics. I've always believed that you do the best you can with what you have.
This one works but the lever has wobble and the gaps around the lever opening look like a drunk man was running the milling machine that day.

I am quite aware this isn't a high dollar gun, I have several of those that I don't shoot, I bought this one to use, abuse, and wear out over the next 30 years if my health allows. And it just is hard to decide if I want to roll the dice and send it back.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The junk gun market is like the junk bond market.
You've got to be proactive & diligent in gathering as much information as possible about a prospective gun (preferably that gained from actually handling and inspecting the firearm in person) and stacking the odds in your own favor or you're going to get "burned".
For guns that are "thrown together" it's surprising how many of them clean up to be excellent shooters.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

dionesius3 wrote: And the bottom slot where the lever goes into the receiver looks like the guy who cut the slot was both drunk and cross eyed.

That's funny. :lol:
Senor.....more tequila por favor......den I put de stock on de gun yes. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

Just Dave wrote:You are in a great position on this rifle as you have two alternatives to get it fixed. A Davidson swap would be the fastest thing and you would probably be shed of the Zig-Zag cutout for sure. The wood to metal finish is probably not going to be any better though. Just bear in mind that you did not choose a Perrazzi , nor did you pay for one. Rossi's are great little carbines and a blast to shoot but are not known for premium fit and finish.

If the accuracy on the new one is not as good, then send that one to Taurus for service. They have really been working hard on getting things sped up there but they do not build these things in house like the US made Taurus line. Thus the longer turnaround for Rossi's. They moved the Heritage manufacturing in house now as well. They moved all of the equipment Plus the employees that wanted to come. Pretty impressive If you ask me. I bet the turnaround is not going to be what Tom or Harry experienced a couple of years ago.

Unloading it on an unsuspecting patron at a gun show would be the last thing I would do, Karma is a * when it catches up to you and it always comes back around. Never would have even crossed my mind to do that. Keep us posted please on what you do and how it works out.
Plus one on this. DP
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Senor.....more tequila por favor......den I put de stock on de gun yes.
Wouldn't that be a caipirinha and the request spoken in Portuguese :?:
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:Senor.....more tequila por favor......den I put de stock on de gun yes.
Wouldn't that be a caipirinha and the request spoken in Portuguese :?:
Maybe.......never been to Brazil.
Thought they spoke Spanish down there :?:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Thought they spoke Spanish down there :?:
Yeah, I've actually been "detained" there as I had not legally entered the country. I made my escape though :!:
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've deleted the last two posts, as they where totally off base! This topic has run it's course and has been locked.

Posted via Tapatalk...
Michael