How Many 480 Ruger 92s

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: How Many 480 Ruger 92s

Post by pricedo »

I'll pay $1600 for a gun but when I do I want a $1600 quality level gun.........one of the new Miroku Winchesters........an Italian clone (Pedersoli, Chiappa, Uberti) ........or a Turnbull classic........The new Winchester model 71 in 348 &/or a 94 Takedown in 450 Marlin have both got my interest.
These guns are relatively new and I'll wait for range reports to start popping up on other forums and some "hands-on" before making a purchase decision. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Trailboss »

I wonder if the high price of the Rossi 480 is more reflective of the European market for any firearms. If so I feel sad for the folks over there.They're being forced to pay twice what we pay in the states.
Aim small, miss small.
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Trailboss »

Here's another example off the same site: Price is $1,909.00 US Dollars.

OUCH!

Marlin 1895SBL

https://www.waffen-ferkinghoff.de/detai ... n&pID=3148

Marlin

1895SBL 18 1/2''

Lever Action Rifle

Marlin Lever Action Rifle 1895SBL Caliber 45-70Govt. Round barrel 18 1/2''-47cm, stainless, laminate stock, recoil pad, scout mount and a capacity of six rounds.

Article: 4570-11003
Caliber: .45-70Govt
Aim small, miss small.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Maybe for a Turnbull 86 in 475 Turnbull but definitely NOT a Rossi or a Remlin.........no way Hose! :!:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
callekniven

Post by callekniven »

You guys can be happy that you live in the U.S.
With regard to weapons purchases...

Calle/Sweden
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

callekniven wrote:You guys can be happy that you live in the U.S.
With regard to weapons purchases...

Calle/Sweden
We don't like to think so over here but when we hear about what it is like around the world it really does make us look like a haven for gun rights. The only other country I can think of that might be better is possibly Switzerland, but that may have all changed too. Most of our objectionable gun laws come from certain individual state governments and not so much the fed. Here in my state of Alaska we enjoy probably the least state government interference of any state, but still have to jump through federal hoops. That said, for me being a single action revolver and lever action rifle guy that has not been in trouble with the law I don't feel all that hampered when it comes to buying guns and ammo (although ammo components is more problematic because of the restrictions to air shipment here where I live). One of the last lever action guns I bought was in a department store here in town and did it while my wife was at the other end buying groceries. We made it to the car about the same time, her with food and me with a new Marlin.. No wait times, no cooling off period, no concealed carry license needed here which I believe is one of only 3 states that doesn't have some sort of concealed requirement. Somehow there hasn't been any crazy rampages here in a very long time either, go figure. The worst thing about Alaska, at least my region is finding the guns you want to buy. They don't have a big selection nor many retailers. The "next town" that would have more selection is a 700 mile drive, 300 of which involves going thru Canada and with all its gun restrictions that is out for me..
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

And don't have any illusions that it's not going to be a tough fight during Obamas second term to keep America the gun rights & personal freedom haven (utopia) that it is.
America is singular in the world in this regard now and thus has become a target for George Soros, IANSA the UN & the international gun banners who have a powerful ally in Barrack Obama who will never have to account to the American people at the election poles again.
It's going to be an interesting 4 years ahead.

I apologize for getting a little political.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
deadkelly

Post by deadkelly »

pricedo wrote:
44-40 Willy wrote:Wow, guess that means my perceived chances of finding one just dropped.

What I'd really like to see in a Rossi 92 would be a 41 Mag.
A lot better chance of finding a Braztech model R92/454 in 454 Casull which is still manufactured than one of the remaining 99 480s.
The 92/454 has a reinforced double threaded magazine & a magazine tube loading port as well as the conventional receiver loading port & a lot better availability of factory ammo, cases, bullets & other loading components.
The 92/454 will also fire 45LC ammo.
Not much of a decision really.
hahaha you rally love your 454 pricedo . i love the caliber just need my r92 to feed then our love should blossum again :roll:
22 lr, 22 mag, 22 hornet, 22remjet, 204 r, 243, 270/303, 270w, 30/30, 308, 303, 375ruger, 454, .58 zouave, 410g, 20g, 12g, 1 dog & 383 mopar lifes good .
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

He's not alone! I bought the only 2 Rossi 454's I've seen, stainless Trapper and 20" blued, both run great with very nice triggers. The little Trapper can be quite "lively " with full house loads, needs a firm grip on the fore stock to keep it from jumping out of your grasp. Both feed 45 Colt rounds slick as well as the 454. DP