Greetings from SE Indiana

Tell us a bit about yourself!
johnwayne

Greetings from SE Indiana

Post by johnwayne »

I stumbled upon this forum while googling for a load to use for a 357 mag with Lil' Gun and the venerable Ranch Dog 175. I really like the Ranch Dog bullets and I've learned a lot about the world of cast bullet casting, preparing, loading and shooting from Ranch Dog, so signing up on a forum where he posts a lot is wonderful.

I recently rediscovered the 22 rimfire and have been having a blast with them. I used to live in MT where the humble 22 LR couldn't reach out far enough to obtain air time with varmints but here in IN it is wonderful for squirrels.

I also enjoy Marlin lever guns and old Mausers, all with cast bullets.

I don't know much about Rossis but if Ranch Dog likes them they must be worth learning about. One problem with forums though is that you learn a lot about cool stuff and end up buying stuff that you didn't know that you needed.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Greetings from SE Indiana

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, R.D. is the site owner and admins. the boss. Great site. glad to have it.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome JW and thank you for your kind words! That's pretty much the problem with this kind of endeavor, it ends up costing you money! :?
Michael
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

Welcome from west central IN!
I thought John Wayne was from Winterset Iowa, though?
Puddle-jumper
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Puddle-jumper »

Another welcome from across the creek in KY. I like shooting the 22 also. I have a Browning left hand T-bolt
in 22 caliber that is very accurate and fun to shoot, being as I shoot left handed, and I also have a
Henry Golden-boy 22. I buy 22's at Walmart, 500 packs, cheap shooting. Also have a couple 22 revolvers.

Founding Member

Post by OnTarget »

Pretty sure go were joking, but yes John Wayne was born in Winterset, IA, been there through house twice.