Winchester 94 Buffalo Bill rifle

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Winchester 94 Buffalo Bill rifle

Post by pricedo »

Warhawk wrote:I saw this one in an Arkansas gunshop while on a business trip. I've been trying to find a Marlin Zane Gray for a decent price, don't care about the commemorative part but I wanted a long octagon barrel levergun.

It's obviously well used, and the price was very good, too good to pass up.

Has anyone ever worked with one of these with cast bullets? I'm going to add a Lyman 66 receiver sight. If anyone has a quantity of 30-30 brass they want to get rid of, let me know.

The pic isn't loading right, but if you right click and VIEW IMAGE ...

+1

That's a mighty fine looking 94 you just bought........congrats !........wouldn't want to carry it very far through the tag alder swamps & extensive thickets of switches where I come from but it looks like a real good shooter.........most of the 94s with long octagonal barrels are.
Just got a real sweet deal on a commemorative 94 myself that looks like it was never shot..........furniture, bluing, brass, bore pristine.
Like you I don't care about the commemorative part............as long as the "innards" are brand new and working & it shoots good and the price is right.
The deer & hogs aren't going to have much time to admire the fancy scroll work & engraving before they are flat on the ground.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Very nice find!!!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ray384
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Ray384 »

I had a Buffalo Bill model. When I got it it was not throated right even for factory ammo. Got that fixed then got to shooting it. The action was rough as a cob, but it could shoot lead bullets at 200 yards.

Unfortunately, I believed the doctor when he replaced my shoulder and sold it off. Now I shoot the Rio Grande loaded down, and it is starting to come in at 200 yards, now if I could only settle in.