another new memeber here with a NIB .357

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: another new memeber here with a NIB .357

Post by pricedo »

golfish wrote:
akuser47 wrote:good luck on it or you could just buy a .327 handgun
That's the first thing my son said when he saw em... :lol: I was going to call the local gun store and ask if they would give me credit.

I talked to the store manager at BPS this morning. She said that even if they gave me a refund that they would have to distroy the shells. I don't want a retail store to loose money because of me being stupid.

Learn something new everyday...I just thought it was store policy not to take back the shells. I guess no stores can. If this a state or fed thing?
No, it's a common sense and health & safety thing.
With all the kooks, terrorists, anti-gun activist radicals & outright "peanut sandwiches" walking around these days you cannot blame the retailers.
The returned ammo is unsalable and represents a loss to the store.
What's to stop some disgruntled unibomber kind of crack pot with a social statement to make from pulling the bullets & reloading a box of 45-70 ammo with cases packed full of compressed loads of Bullseye powder or even high explosive and returning it to the store?
The next customer to load and fire a round of the returned ammo would be blown right out of his socks.
Make sure what you are buying when you are in the store and read the box labels cause the purchase is final in most places I deal.
I will not accept a box of ammo from anyone unless I know the source very well and even then I don't make a practice of it.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

Man that would be a sign from God that he WANTS me to have a new 327 Fed mag revolver.

Dog gone Ranch Dogs already got me hooked on these Rossi 92's.

How many rounds have you shot through it? Only had mine a little over a week or two and have somewheres around 200 throigh the tube already and things have really smoothed up.

Still going to put a $15 set of springs in it and get it shooting right with another $15 or so in sights but other than that I'm really liking mine.

I have zero issues feeding Hornady 158 gr XTP's at 1.590 with mine.

Hope you get it right man, since you don't reload just a matter of finding what factory load it likes.

Art
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. "
---Theodore Roosevelt
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Tazman1602 wrote:Man that would be a sign from God that he WANTS me to have a new 327 Fed mag revolver.

How many rounds have you shot through it? Only had mine a little over a week or two and have somewheres around 200 throigh the tube already and things have really smoothed up.

Still going to put a $15 set of springs in it and get it shooting right with another $15 or so in sights but other than that I'm really liking mine.

Hope you get it right man, since you don't reload just a matter of finding what factory load it likes.

Art
So much variety in factory loads these days and the quality is up there with the best hand loads.
Downside: the factory load quality is up there and so is the price...........$50 a box is par for top tier factory loads pushing premium bullets these days.
I'll use factory loads or hand load if the gun is finicky and needs a special recipe to convince it to "sing its song".
For example my BLR T/D in 308 Winchester has fallen head over heels in love with the Nosler 165 grain "Accubond" factory loads and is giving me < 1 MOA @ 100 yards with them fired off a bench topped with a 2-7x33mm Leupold "Rifleman" scope.
I have tried several hand loads in an effort to "beat" the factory ammo just for sake of the principal of it but the closest I came was a load with the new "Varget" powder and a 165 grain Sierra "Gameking" bullet that gave me a consistent 1 1/2 " or so grouping.......couldn't beat that factory Nosler ammo. :oops: :oops: :oops:

***I always hand load my 416 Remington Magnum ammo cause I can do it for about $15 a box of 20 cartridges and the factory ammo is around $150 a box !!!........ridiculous !! :evil: :evil:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

pricedo wrote:
Tazman1602 wrote:Man that would be a sign from God that he WANTS me to have a new 327 Fed mag revolver.

Art
So much variety in factory loads these days and the quality is up there with the best hand loads.
Downside: the factory load quality is up there and so is the price...........$50 a box is par for top tier factory loads pushing premium bullets these days.
I'll use factory loads or hand load if the gun is finicky and needs a special recipe to convince it to "sing its song".
For example my BLR T/D in 308 Winchester has fallen head over heels in love with the Nosler 165 grain "Accubond" factory loads and is giving me < 1 MOA @ 100 yards with them fired off a bench topped with a 2-7x33mm Leupold "Rifleman" scope.
I have tried several hand loads in an effort to "beat" the factory ammo just for sake of the principal of it but the closest I came was a load with the new "Varget" powder and a 165 grain Sierra "Gameking" bullet that gave me a consistent 1 1/2 " or so grouping.......couldn't beat that factory Nosler ammo. :oops: :oops: :oops:

***I always hand load my 416 Remington Magnum ammo cause I can do it for about $15 a box of 20 cartridges and the factory ammo is around $150 a box !!!........ridiculous !! :evil: :evil:
AGREED! Absolutely insane pricing! I've had great results this year with the new Nosler combined tech 95 grain 6mm in my 243's over 4350.

Even components are getting pricey these days and I can't believe '06 ammo at $35/box for primo stuff. If I didn't reload and cast *most* of my own I couldn't shoot much.

Art
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. "
---Theodore Roosevelt
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

pricedo wrote:
golfish wrote:
akuser47 wrote:good luck on it or you could just buy a .327 handgun
That's the first thing my son said when he saw em... :lol: I was going to call the local gun store and ask if they would give me credit.

I talked to the store manager at BPS this morning. She said that even if they gave me a refund that they would have to distroy the shells. I don't want a retail store to loose money because of me being stupid.

Learn something new everyday...I just thought it was store policy not to take back the shells. I guess no stores can. If this a state or fed thing?
No, it's a common sense and health & safety thing.
With all the kooks, terrorists, anti-gun activist radicals & outright "peanut sandwiches" walking around these days you cannot blame the retailers.
The returned ammo is unsalable and represents a loss to the store.
What's to stop some disgruntled unibomber kind of crack pot with a social statement to make from pulling the bullets & reloading a box of 45-70 ammo with cases packed full of compressed loads of Bullseye powder or even high explosive and returning it to the store?
The next customer to load and fire a round of the returned ammo would be blown right out of his socks.
Make sure what you are buying when you are in the store and read the box labels cause the purchase is final in most places I deal.
I will not accept a box of ammo from anyone unless I know the source very well and even then I don't make a practice of it.

pricedo, This logic can be placed on any product we buy...if you took the time to read my last post you'll see that I said it was my mistake and I wasn't going to let BPS take the hit..

Tell me, whats to stop some "unibomber" from buying 10 cases of water, popping the tops, adding some nasty's, adding new caps and bring them back to the store.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Art

I must have about 200+ rounds through it. I replaced both sights last night because there was no more adjustment on em (shoots too high) I wont be able to try it out until next weekend. Its rainning here for the next few days. I called Rossi a few days ago to setup shipping the gun back. We had a bad connection and I feel there was some info mistake because I didn't get the e-mail the young lady said I would. Its a PITA to call them because they leave you on hold for so long.

I don't reload so I can only shoot factory ammo for now. I feel that's Rossi problem and I'm going to let them deal with it. The young lady I talked too seem nice, asked what kind of ammo I tried and said that their gunsmiths would take care of the problem.
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

Well keep us posted on the feeding issue and what Rossi does about it Gofish!

Art
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
---Theodore Roosevelt
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

be glad when they get it taken care of for you.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I've done the buy the wrong ammo thing. Last winter I got a nice old Stevens double 20 gauge and bought a box of 2 3/4" standard load ammo for it at WalMart. Got it home and saw it was steel shot. I ended up giving that ammo away to an in law with a newer 20 gauge as I wasn't about to mess up the chokes in that double with steel shot.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

well, been 4 weeks now and all I see on the "status bar" at the rossi website is that my firearm is waiting for repair..for 4 fricken weeks.

I just called them and to my suprise they actully picked up the phone in less then a minute (I've been on hold for 45 minutes in the past) Talk to a very nice young lady who knows nothing about guns. She told me they have a 3-5 week turn around :) She even asked me if this was the second time I had it in for repair..

A very nice young lady and I'm sure she means..Its hard for me to stay calm..

Does anybody have an e-mail to a person at Rossi\Taurus\Braztech