What bullets are you using in your RG45-70?

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

What bullets are you using in your RG45-70?

Post by Quinc »

Ranch has me worried now about using .459 boolit's so I wanted to see what everyone is using and likes in your Rossi 45-70? If you buy your bullets please put the site where you get them from. :)
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
doskiez

Re: What bullets are you using in your RG45-70?

Post by doskiez »

http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic ... 7&start=10

I am using laser cast Oregon Trail 405Gr .459 hard cast bullets in my rio grand. So far I love the loads that Ranch Dog helped me come up with (as detailed in the thread) I like the round alot, they seem to be very accurate and even when loaded at the lowest charge they have me wanting a new recoil pad. I am not a small guy 6-4 220 and I am used to shooting all different types of rifles including some old WW2 rifles with steal butt plates and 6 rounds of these left a small bruise and a sore shoulder. This being said I still love them and made 50 rounds up for my next trip to the range.
bullets can be found at Midway or ordered from oregon trails website. When loaded to the specs in the thread I have had no feed issues with them either.
Rio Grand .45-70
Many more guns, reloading equipment, etc etc.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

I have both the Laser Cast 405 gr and Badman Bullets 405 gr both in .459 and love both of them. I've loaded using Black Powder, Trailboss, IMR 4198, IMR 3031 and Reloader 7 all with good results for what they are meant for though only 10 of each as the Trailboss is my target powder of choice behind the Badman Bullets due mostly to price of bullets.
Joe
doskiez

Post by doskiez »

So far I have had good luck with varget as well even though it is slightly compressed. I plan on trying some different powders as well in the future
Rio Grand .45-70
Many more guns, reloading equipment, etc etc.