Forearm Tip Fit Question

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Forearm Tip Fit Question

Post by pricedo »

jnewell wrote:M.L. McPherson wrote a great book some years back called "Accurizing the Factory Rifle." IIRC, one of his points was to eliminate stresses like you're describing.
$39 on Amazon.
Might be a worthwhile investment and save a lot of expensive guesswork and mistakes.
Does it have a good section on accurizing lever action rifles?
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
jnewell

Post by jnewell »

pricedo wrote:
jnewell wrote:M.L. McPherson wrote a great book some years back called "Accurizing the Factory Rifle." IIRC, one of his points was to eliminate stresses like you're describing.
$39 on Amazon.
Might be a worthwhile investment and save a lot of expensive guesswork and mistakes.
Does it have a good section on accurizing lever action rifles?
Hi - IIRC, it's entirely about lever action rifles - I should dig out my copy and check. Mic published a bunch of articles in the late and (by me at least) very sorely lamented magazine "The Accurate Rifle." Best darned gun magazine ever published (IMHO) - I bought the book based on his articles. I'll try to dig up the book and maybe take a pic or transcribe the table of contents and post back here. I do recall him being mostly focused on Marlins, but they ain't that different. ;)
jnewell

Post by jnewell »

Here's a scan of the table of contents for Accurizing the Factory Rifle:

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks, bought a copy. Always looking for something to read.
Michael