How many guns do you own?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

How many guns do you own?

Post by akuser47 »

I was wondering what is average for most I think since I am broke nowadays sold alot of them off. trying to hold onto the remaining few I have somthin in the realm of 30 mostly rifles and shotguns 12 of which are handguns. Just curious what you all have in numbers don't have to be deatailed in what you have just curious about the average we may have here on the forum.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: How many guns do you own?

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Not many. I cut down on the collection several years ago as I got tired of most of them sitting around collecting dust. About 10 or so counting the muzzleloaders. Only two are handguns though with a few shotguns thrown in for good measure.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

44-40 Willy wrote:Not many. I cut down on the collection several years ago as I got tired of most of them sitting around collecting dust. About 10 or so counting the muzzleloaders. Only two are handguns though with a few shotguns thrown in for good measure.

Now, about 14 handguns and twice that many rifles and 5 or 6 shotguns.
The number is always changing.
I'm always buying and selling em.
Promised myself I wasn't going to buy any more and wound up buying 4 in the last couple of months. :x
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I think it's addictive. I know I always think I am done and somehow I always end up wheeling and dealing lose some and gain some.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've been working on reducing the count a bit this year and at the start of that work I had 72 firearms, a majority of them leverguns (I'm almost embarrassed to report that number). I am now down to 39, 26 leverguns and 13 handguns. That number will continue to drop this year.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:I've been working on reducing the count a bit this year and at the start of that work I had 72 firearms, a majority of them leverguns (I'm almost embarrassed to report that number). I am now down to 39, 26 leverguns and 13 handguns. That number will continue to drop this year.
Famous last words.
Bin there Dun that..........patted myself on the back when I got down to a sensible 25 a coupla years ago.
That didn't last long though..........never duz. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

I am somewhat ashamed to say I only have 4. A 45/70 Marlin gs, a Marlin 1894 in 45 colt, a 5.5" Ruger Blackhawk, also in 45 colt and a Henry 22 Frontier. I have what I consider the very barest of minimums for me needs I guess. Now I really want several more and when expenses in other areas start to drop I will be on the lookout for a few more leverguns?. Where I live isn't the best place to find good deals on the guns I am interested in.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Arktikos wrote:I am somewhat ashamed to say I only have 4. A 45/70 Marlin gs, a Marlin 1894 in 45 colt, a 5.5" Ruger Blackhawk, also in 45 colt and a Henry 22 Frontier. I have what I consider the very barest of minimums for me needs I guess. Now I really want several more and when expenses in other areas start to drop I will be on the lookout for a few more leverguns?. Where I live isn't the best place to find good deals on the guns I am interested in.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk
I think the wife is going to get an oversize toddler leash with a 6 foot lanyard made to put on me when we go to town shopping.
Her being no more than 6' away at any given time should solve the expanding arzenal problem.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

pricedo wrote: I think the wife is going to get an oversize toddler leash with a 6 foot lanyard made to put on me when we go to town shopping.
Her being no more than 6' away at any given time should solve the expanding arzenal problem.
Yeah there is my wife as well who gets fairly unhappy when I tell her I am going to buy another gun. She just looks blankly and says shoot the ones you have. She is right of course because we are building one place to retire to and renovating another into a duplex to rent out and doing it all with sweat equity and out of pocket for materials it leaves less time and money for everything else. Then there is the BOAT which always demands its fair share of money and then some! :roll: In a way the boat is the most important thing to me being this is for the most part a roadless marine area and it is the best way to get access to everything of interest to me here.
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My wife kind of figures that we met and married late in live and there is no hope in changing me so she just leaves me alone.
Michael