What's the average going price on a Rio Grande in 30-30

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
Centaur 1
Founding Member
Founding Member

What's the average going price on a Rio Grande in 30-30

Post by Centaur 1 »

Unfortunately i'm restricted to buying from Bass Pro Shops in Orlando. I use my BPS credit card to make all our household purchases, I always pay it off and I never pay any interest charges. In exchange for using their card, they give me $2 in reward money for every hundred dolars that I charge to my card. It's actually a really good system for us because we only purchase neccessities like food,clothing, and gas.

Right now I have enough reward points and gift cards to buy the Rio Grande if BPS doesn't charge me an arm and a leg. I've been waiting for 3 days now just to get a price. If they get back to me with a higher than normal price I'll have to wait a couple weeks till I get the money.
"We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines." Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California)
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: What's the average going price on a Rio Grande in 30-30

Post by pricedo »

I have an account at BPS and haven't seen a single Rossi levergun in their stock at any price.
The problem apparently has been availability rather than pricing.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Centaur 1
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Centaur 1 »

I talked to the guy who does all the ordering for my local BPS and he said that they don't carry Rossi, but they can order them no problem. I'm waiting for him to get back to me with a price.
"We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines." Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California)
Centaur 1
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Centaur 1 »

I love my Bass Pro Shop credit card, I get to buy things for myself that I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. Since August I've accumulated $225 in reward points and $175 in gift cards. Free reward points are nice, but I hate the fact that I'm tied to one gun shop. I hate is that it's been 2 1/2 weeks and I'm still waiting for pricing and availability on a Rio Grande in 30-30. I know that they haven't forgot about me because when I call they know me by name. They tell me that they have called their supplier several times and they're still waiting to hear back. They also said that they've ordered them before and it won't be a problem, it just takes time. I got to say that I'm getting a little antsy, I really want a new rifle and from what I've seen the Rossi looks like a better deal than buying one of the new Marlins.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It is a pretty good lick to a BPS here. Academy is a chain in Texas and neighboring states. I was in there this week. Blue RGs were $399 with the SS at $429. There web site only shows two models of the RG but they have them all. Gun stores within a 50 mile radius have to match them or they are not going to sell them.

I noticed that there have not been any Marlins in the store for months, not on their web site either. I spoke with the firearm manager around the first of the year and he said they were dropping the product line because of the quality of the stuff being delivered. I guess they did.
Michael
Centaur 1
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Centaur 1 »

I was in Jacksonville last week and I went to academy just to see if they had any to look at. They only had it in 45-70, and with the exception of one thing I really liked it. The magazine tube on one of the rifles was longer than the barrel, it was so funky looking that it was the first thing you saw. My guess is that the mag tube came loose during shipping, I can't imagine that whoever assembled the rifle didn't notice that the tube was 1//2" too long. I think that I'll call and pester Bass Pro some more today. I want my new gun!!!!! :(

Update: Now that I'm vacationing over 300 miles from home in Hilton Head SC, the BPS in Orlando tells me to come in and order the rifle, their supplier has them back in stock. At $429 their price is a little higher than Academy, but still reasonable for a gun they have to special order. I imagine that as they become more popular, more gun shops will carry the Rio Grande, especially if Marlin takes too long getting their act together. I'm getting psyched about this gun, the plan is to keep it dedicated to using cast bullets. The Rossi spec sheet says that they use a 1-12" twist rifling which should work great with lead boolits, especially at higher velocities. I love the fact that it will only cost me $0.15 a round, or $3 a box to make ammo, and that includes using a gas check. This means that extended stays at the gun range won't be limitted to using .22lr's or one of the smaller pistol calibers that I cast for.

Ranch Dog Mike, have you had any luck using your TLC313-115-RF in a 30-30 rifle? I know that this will upset some people, but it's legal here and I think that bullet would be just the thing for turkey hunting.