Tune up parts

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
sgt

Tune up parts

Post by sgt »

Where can you get tune up parts for the 92, new member, so I need all the info I can get........

Thanks
Sgt
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Tune up parts

Post by golfish »

Welcome to the site...

Take a look here
http://stevesgunz.com/
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I think for follower and ejector spring steves is GTG also his DVD can help alot on other areas that need to be deburred and polished as well beens it shows step by step.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

sgt wrote:Where can you get tune up parts for the 92, new member, so I need all the info I can get........

Thanks
Sgt
Welcome to the forum Sgt. It is worth the effort to just look through the titles of the various topics in the R92 or use the search in this specific forum to help find the information.

Personally, I think the best "tune up" is to break the rifle down into it's various parts and clean the heck out of it. You will find hardened grease packed in every nook and crank. With that complete, lube everything, put it back together, and then shoot or cycle the heck out of the rifle. All six of my R92s were tuned up after the clean up and initial shooting.
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

I put a few hundred rounds through the gun after a good cleaning.. At that point I tear the gun down and clean again internally. I use the Steve Gunz DVD for suggestions but not all things may need to be done on a particular gun. Now I use Steve's extractor spring but not liking to cut springs I use the Gun Slinger set from Brownells for the rest. I replace the plastic magazine follower with a metal one as well as a stainless steel magazine spring from the Smithshop. I also replace the safety on my 92 with Steve Gunz plug. As for sights I did replace the front and rear sight on my 45 Colt, octagon barreled 92 with some for Gunz. As for my 454 Casull rifle I used a Weaver scout scope on it.
Joe