Magzine spring and follower for 454 Casull

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Magzine spring and follower for 454 Casull

Post by joec »

Ok, now this is different. I see on the Rossi Parts diagram 4 parts that hold this together. Those are

21G Magazine Plug Slide Pin
22G Magazine Plug Screw
23G Magazine Stop Pin
41G Magazine Slide Pin Spring

Now problem one 22G I don't see a screw head to use a driver on. It looks like a pin. Any input would be appreciated.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Magzine spring and follower for 454 Casull

Post by Ranch Dog »

This topic might help Joe: Help needed magazine plug removal.
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Ranch Dog wrote:This topic might help Joe: Help needed magazine plug removal.
So I take the image I look at was for the older 357 and not the 454. So I will assume there is a pin then and drive it out if I can. Now mine also has a second pin in it which is a touch smaller will leave that one for a bit till I get the larger one out. Will let you know when I have a chance to get back to it later today or tomorrow.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

There are two magazine tubes identified in the R92 parts diagram. The 454/480 tube parts are separated in the corner of the drawing.
454_480_mag_tube_parts.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Ranch Dog wrote:There are two magazine tubes identified in the R92 parts diagram. The 454/480 tube parts are separated in the corner of the drawing.
454_480_mag_tube_parts.jpg
Well that is what I thought too but not true since there is no screw which is part number 22G and I have two pins from what I can see going through the 8G or the Magazine plug and not one as in your photo. I will get out my camera and see if I can't get a decent micro picture of it.

UPDATE: Pictures added of both sides.
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1570.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My 454 and 480 don't look like your's, anybody else can chime in here.
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Ranch Dog wrote:My 454 and 480 don't look like your's, anybody else can chime in here.
I have a bad feeling that this is cross pinned (hope people understand that) in which case it is a matter of catching the full pin first to drive it out. I've only seen this one time on a sheet metal machine motor holding a shaft together. If this is the case this might be going back to Rossi or at least a gun smith.
Joe
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

Hey Joe,
Recon maybe the tube got drill with 2 holes but only one pin was driven in? Kinda looks like it in the picture, that the hole closer to the receiver does not have a pin in it on either side, and the I.D. of the hole still has all the bluing still on it. I would expect to see some scuff marks,if a pin had been driven through there. In the other hole, it appears that a pin is up flush with the top edge of the hole, in the bottom picture.

Mine only has one pin/hole.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

donhuff wrote:Hey Joe,
Recon maybe the tube got drill with 2 holes but only one pin was driven in? Kinda looks like it in the picture, that the hole closer to the receiver does not have a pin in it on either side, and the I.D. of the hole still has all the bluing still on it. I would expect to see some scuff marks,if a pin had been driven through there. In the other hole, it appears that a pin is up flush with the top edge of the hole, in the bottom picture.

Mine only has one pin/hole.
I considered that until I tried to drive out the larger pin and couldn't get it to budge. Perhaps I should hit it with a bigger hammer, though. :mrgreen:

I've tried calling Rossi's CS but no luck getting an answer after a 1 hour wait.
Joe