New Rossi Guy

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
xdsd

Re: New Rossi Guy

Post by xdsd »

Yeah, I guess I didn't realize the brake cleaner would evaporate so clean. Should be a very simple process, thanks to all the suggestions on the forum.

Don - one of the joys of living in CA is a 10-day waiting period. Unless you're a gang banger, of course. My wait period ends next Tuesday, and I'll be ready to roll.
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

Oh man, that sux. That would put a real damper on my impulse buying at gun shows!
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

donhuff wrote:Oh man, that sux. That would put a real damper on my impulse buying at gun shows!
That's probably what the law was designed to do. CA loves to punish the law abiding and pretend it's all for the sake of public safety. The bangers and criminal bike gangs with their smuggled uzis & mac-10s just laugh at the silly laws and all the hoops it makes us law abiding gun owners jump through.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
xdsd

Post by xdsd »

Picked the gun up today, flushed it out with brake cleaner & lubed with Ballistol, ran the action a couple hundred times; then headed to the range. Shot 45 rounds of .38, 15 rounds of .357. This thing is really fun to shoot, and the workmanship seems good (stock fits well, no problems with mag tube).

I had no failures to feed or to eject with any of the ammo (used two different lengths of .38). Only complaint is the lever action is too stiff to be able to cycle it from shooting position - I have to put the gun down with the stock against my stomach to work the lever. The Gunslinger spring kit is on order and should be here by the weekend, so that should smooth things out a bit.

I can see how some of you guys end up with 2, 3 or 4 of these things. It will be fun to see how much better it will get with some spring mods and other enhancements.
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

A couple hundred times is a good start. I would do that a few more times before installing the new springs.

When you get around to installing the new ejector spring, you'll find out that it can be quite a challenge. I found one site on the net with several pictures that really helped me. Do it in a clean place too cause its real easy to send some of the small parts and springs into orbit around the room.

If I move the lever on my 357 down just past the detent, then give the gun a sharp downward shake, my lever will fall to about half open from its own weight. Needless to say, it's really easy to work 9 rounds of 38 spc with it up on my shoulder. Te main problem is keeping it ON my shoulder. It's like a slip and slide! I need to get one of those lace on stock covers.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70