Lee case trimmers

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Dan 444
Founding Member
Founding Member

Lee case trimmers

Post by Dan 444 »

I like the inexpensive Lee case length gauge trimmers and use them for all of the different cartridges that I load. This isn't me, but this is how I do it:

Dan
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Lee case trimmers

Post by akuser47 »

I like them for their price. Someone here had showed me that you can custom order them to your specs I am a LEE customer for life. for sure my custom case gauge should be here soon. :D
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:I like them for their price. Someone here had showed me that you can custom order them to your specs I am a LEE customer for life. for sure my custom case gauge should be here soon. :D
I have both the RCBS manual case trimmer and the power driven Lyman case trimmer sitting on the shelf collecting dust with all their attachments & arbors.

In spite of the above all I use is the Lee case trimmer. I put the case holder in an electric drill and clean the outside of the cases at the same time as I trim them.

I have a multi station power driven RCBS case preparation gizmo with rotating copper & nylon brushes to clean the insides of the case necks as well as flash hole deburring & primer pocket cleaning stations.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Lee case trimmers is what I use here in Peru with 44-40 & 38 Special. If you do not want to cut your brass as short as the Lee lilot is set up for just add a washer on the primer hole stem guide to hold the cutter head at a longer OAL. Vary the washer thickness and it is a custom fit.
Works well south of the equater.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Missionary wrote:Good morning
Lee case trimmers is what I use here in Peru with 44-40 & 38 Special. If you do not want to cut your brass as short as the Lee lilot is set up for just add a washer on the primer hole stem guide to hold the cutter head at a longer OAL. Vary the washer thickness and it is a custom fit.
Works well south of the equater.
Mike in Peru
Most shooters are pragmatists & believe in the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle........keep it simple, fast & cheap.
You don't need a gargantuan green, blue or orange electric powered monstrosity costing a months pay to trim cases.
That Lee cutter is so cheap fast & simple it's beautiful. :D
That washer idea is fantastic.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

They were all I used when I was living in apartments. I eventually did get an RCBS one when I had some store credit at a shop. With the 3-way cutter head that chamfers in and out, I think it's a little faster that using the Lee with a drill, but not enough to really see unless doing a bunch of cases.
I know the Lee is super fast when chucked in a drill press and using the table as a stop (if you have one that doesn't wobble like mine).
cpt-t

Post by cpt-t »

DAN 444: I have a LEE CASE TRIMER for every thing I reload for and I think theyare great. I thought I had to have a hight dollar big name cass trimer, but I don`t use it much. The people at LEE are really nice and very help full in ansewering my questions and their customer servise department is top of the line. The next Progresive Press I buy will be a LEE. There products just work and they send me there catalog every year. Just a great company to do busness with. GOOD LUCK TO YOU: ken
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I forgot to update I got my special ordered trim gauge and it is perfect and very affordable. You cannot get better than that. great products from a great company.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
phonejack

Post by phonejack »

The "LEE" is all I use. Just remember to deburr the flashhole (first time per case) so it will bottom out on the inside of the case. good post.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Barry in IN wrote:They were all I used when I was living in apartments. I eventually did get an RCBS one when I had some store credit at a shop. With the 3-way cutter head that chamfers in and out, I think it's a little faster that using the Lee with a drill, but not enough to really see unless doing a bunch of cases.
I know the Lee is super fast when chucked in a drill press and using the table as a stop (if you have one that doesn't wobble like mine).

Yup I got a RCBS one and a Lyman one with an electric motor and I dust them off every once in a while on the shelf and still use the Lee Case Trimmer.
Some people are of the mind set that if a method is "too" easy and simple something has got to be wrong with it.
I deburr the flash holes on both sides once in the life of a cartridge case.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA