New Member Here

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Chris

New Member Here

Post by Chris »

Checking in. Only have one Rossi and it is a R92 in 357. I bought it as a 'plinker' and small game carbine, using 38 specials and cast bullets mostly. I don't know if I will ever take a deer with it, but I haven't ruled it out. I want the gun to be my sidekick on trips to the hills shooting bunnies, coons, tin cans, etc. I hope to wring it out this next spring when I have more time on my hands. Right now I am a working stiff, that just dreams of a few days of shooting!

Before Ranch Dog went off the air late last year, I bought his 175 grain mold. I also have a few others from Lyman and a custom job that I will get to when time allows. Maybe I will even do a small article on my findings...but most of the molds are obsolete now, even the Ranch Dog! So I am not sure of the value of this for anyone but me.

I had bought a few cases of empties from an old target shooter some years ago.

I plan to get set up in a progressive in 38 special, but have not had the funds for that yet...and this is one of the main reasons I wanted a 92 in a straight walled caliber. I have high regard for the 32-20, but the brass is a limiting factor.

Anyone have a recommendation for a tang OR receiver sight? I really don't have a preference but I lean toward the receiver mounted units.

Thank you!

PS I am in Cali-Four-Nye-Ay, the middle and I am a RED NECK who like to shoot my own meat, and drive a 4x4, even like women, sure like guns, and I read the Bible.... +guns
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: New Member Here

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Welcome aboard Chris!!!!

I know just what your talking with being a working stiff....... Tuff to make a living these days. A full time job and a part time job and still just making by. But lucky with so many without a job at all.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, I am as bill hilly as at gets for my area. I love almost any gun that I can make work for my needs. Glad to have you.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Greetings Chris, sounds like you are the same as many of us!

Hopefully that 359-175 won't be as obsolete as the others. NOE is working on it and Lee still says that they are going to add it as soon as the distribritor orders of the stock molds lets up. Still, I think many of us like reading what others write so please don't hold back!

I also wouldn't hesitate to hammer a deer with that 359-175. The one I shot with it dropped dead as well as the one that an eight year old shot with it! I love this picture!

Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Oh, you might what to check out the Skinner Peep sight. Many, myself included on my R92, are using it instead of a receiver sight. It is first class! I only have a picture of it as seen during installation but others have posted pictures as well. It is sweet!

Michael
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks for the welcome. I spent yesterday cleaning 'grandma" and "great grandma". A Rem mod. 141 and mod. 14 both in 35 Rem. This is the time of the year I am busiest. I hope to have them all ready to go by Spring when I will have a vacation. I really can't wait.

I saw a Marlin 45-70 at a gunshow last year with a Skinner peep sight on it. It looked nice. I have used a Win. mod 68 with a sight similar to that one on your 92 (similar distance from shooting eye).

Do any of you have a receiver mounted unit? I will have to search and find out.

Take care, Chris