so who has a 1022 let's see them?

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

so who has a 1022 let's see them?

Post by akuser47 »

Mine I have had since i was 12 if i remember correctly bought at a Kmart in Kenton ohio. I think fo 125.
I still have original stock and my original barrel that has had more then 15000 rounds through it this is an understatement for sure but just to give an idea it has had alot of use hunting and all I got my only and first albino coon with it 26 pounds it was amazing even the game wardens in hancock county were shock it took 12 shoots to knock it out of the tree I remmeber as a kid i thought i was shooting a devil seeing red eyes glare back at me in the pitch black knigth with my headlamp It still even after falling tore up my blue tick hound so bad I had to put her down it took a total 26 shots to kill this devil. I wish back then cameras were like they are now my standard coon count was 432 not all with this rifle probly like 140 maybe with this one.. amyways I have now turned it to a target gun I have shot more than 178 ground hogs with it in it's life and many rabbits over 42 rabbits. and 67 sqiurrels. with it's original barrel. I just ordered am er shaw threaded barrel to replace my bull target sprots barrel I have had for year from CDNN. but this is how she lokks with this barrel and I have honed and polished all mateing surfaces in all components of trigger it is at 3.25 pull with my friends trigger gauge. whating on new barrel to get here to test it but anyways here it is.
She now weres a hogue over molded stock
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: so who has a 1022 let's see them?

Post by Rooster59 »

Nice rifle ak. I had one that was a tack driver but I sold it a few years back. Never could get comfortable with all the commotion after pulling the trigger on a semi-auto. The only semi-auto I own is a carry pistol.

For those who like them, and want to jazz them up like yours, the 10-22 is the perfect platform. And stone reliable too.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

10/22 deluxe - without the barrel band - trigger kit - 2 pound pull
10/22 take down - trigger kit - 2 pound pull
10/22 stainless heavy barrel with a target trigger
All generic models with nothing fancy on them that would distinguish them visually from the ones currently for sale on umpteen dozen different websites.
I find the stock 10/22 triggers kind of gritty & creepy so I installed Volquartsen trigger kits in 2 of them.
The target trigger on the heavy barrel stainless model was pretty decent out of the box.
If you're trying to hold the vertical scope crosshair steady on the base of the skinny neck of a ruffed grouse you don't need a gritty, creepy trigger.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Model 52
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Model 52 »

I have a 1976 "200 years of Liberty" carbine with a Williams receiver sight.

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

They look uncannily like my old Winchester model 100 carbine that I traded a few years back. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Got my new er shaw barrel delivered today 16.5" and threaded.
compared to my 20" target sports
alot lighter than my old barrel.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:Got my new er shaw barrel delivered today 16.5" and threaded.
compared to my 20" target sports
alot lighter than my old barrel.
Spiffy looking combo ! Congrats ! :mrgreen:
What's the scope?
Oddly most of the scopes on my 10/22s are more expensive than the host guns.
Like a donkey wearing golden horse shoes.
In line with the truism "You can't shoot what you can't see." :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

It's not an expensive one it is a simmons 8 point 4x12-40 its crosshair is better suited to larger caliber but it has worked for me. I switched to it for the reason you listed I wanted to be able to see better to be able to hit better.
I wish I had a better camera it is starting to fail so pic is gritty
Edster

Post by Edster »

Three in the stable right now. The first is a 1968, with a 3x9x32 Bushnell Banner scope. The scope is original to the rifle.
IMG_0683.JPG
THe second is a TD model. I have an affliction towards synthetic stocks. Makes me itch, so the TD was refitted with a birch stock. The stock still need to be refinished. The scope is a 3-9x32 Simmons Rimfire Magnum. I think the scope is going to be replaced by an EER mounted Scout. Amega makes a bolt on Scout rail. http://www.amegaranges.com/product_page ... _10-22.php Considering this option right now.
IMG_0687.JPG
The third is the wife's rifle. She still hasn't fired it. Just mounted the Nikon 3-9x40 ProStaff Rimfire scope this weekend.
IMG_0680.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesgpobog

Post by jamesgpobog »

Here's my 4. Built them all. 2 are ruger receivers, 2 are Nodak Spud with consecutive serial numbers.

They are, from the top down, Shaw Blaster, Green Mountain Blaster, Blondie, and LTR. Shaw and LTR are the Nodaks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.