Mine broke.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Mine broke.

Post by kliff »

Davidson's, according to my dealer, got the rifle this past Monday! As of Wednesday, they were shipping it back to Rossi for repairs. Rossi is back logged 2-8 WEEKS! We're already 2 weeks in the hole, and looking at a possible 8 more. Somehow, I'm losing faith in this rifle, and Davidson's.....much less ROSSI.
IF it's back in 2-4 weeks, AND digests anything I feed it, without a hiccup, then all will be good. Anything less, and I'll probably sell ALL my Rossi firearms, and by an Uberti.
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
'71 Winchester NRA Centennial 30/30
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Ruger Black Hawk 45LC (x2)
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

kliff wrote:Davidson's, according to my dealer, got the rifle this past Monday! As of Wednesday, they were shipping it back to Rossi for repairs. Rossi is back logged 2-8 WEEKS! We're already 2 weeks in the hole, and looking at a possible 8 more. Somehow, I'm losing faith in this rifle, and Davidson's.....much less ROSSI.
IF it's back in 2-4 weeks, AND digests anything I feed it, without a hiccup, then all will be good. Anything less, and I'll probably sell ALL my Rossi firearms, and by an Uberti.
The Chiappa rifles are good ...........much more expensive than the Rossis but much better with really nice furniture.
I own a Chiappas........a Mare's Leg Takedown in .44 Mag and it was A-1 right out of the box......W/M fit, bluing/case hardening, finishing & action cycling were "perfecto" without getting the tool box out.
I definitely got the impression that the Chiappa rifle was made by a company that actually gave a crap about the quality of the guns leaving their factory. :mrgreen:
I categorize new Rossis as a "kit". When you open the box it's a crap shoot whether you have a little or a lot of work to do getting the guns up to snuff and running smooth.
If you're not a tinkerer and have limited patience and want a gun you can buy and shoot right out of the box but still like model 92s I'd go with a Chiappa.
I minimize the probability of getting a lemon by going to a shop and hand picking my Rossis off the rack rather than take a chance on an order-in "sight unseen" purchase. :geek:
If the store doesn't like my introspective vetting process I figure there is something bad he doesn't want me to see and I go someplace else.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kliff »

My Henry Big Boy is the same, never missed a beat, never jammed, never failed to fire.... it just works and works smoothly.
Today I callled Davidson's myself.... 6 to eight weeks, IF I'm lucky! IF I'm even luckier, they'll get a new one in, and just replace it. Doesn't look like these weekly posts are gonna change for a while, so untill I either get it back repaired, or a new replacement, I'm gonna put myself on hold in this thread......ttyl... :x
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kliff »

Rifle is back, repairs were satisfactorily done. But in the mean time, I picked up another lever action, as I wanted to shoot some SASS events, and it wasn't happenning with this rifle in the shop.So, if anyone is interested, make me a reasonable offer, and you just might be the owner of a SS Rossi 20" barrel, 45LC rifle.
Email me < kliffsbuggy@yahoo.com >

Email will get my attention quicker than board postings, as I check email multiple times per day, but the boards sometimes only once per week. naturally it will need to be transferred through an FFL, and figure $30.00 shipping, in addition to any offer. thanks guys.
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

kliff wrote:Rifle is back, repairs were satisfactorily done. But in the mean time, I picked up another lever action, as I wanted to shoot some SASS events, and it wasn't happenning with this rifle in the shop.So, if anyone is interested, make me a reasonable offer, and you just might be the owner of a SS Rossi 20" barrel, 45LC rifle.
Email me < kliffsbuggy@yahoo.com >

Email will get my attention quicker than board postings, as I check email multiple times per day, but the boards sometimes only once per week. naturally it will need to be transferred through an FFL, and figure $30.00 shipping, in addition to any offer. thanks guys.
How about posting a "WTS" add in the appropriate forum along with your asking price.
Michael