What are the essential modifications?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Model 52
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: What are the essential modifications?

Post by Model 52 »

5thMarines wrote:Is that a rear site on the stock? How did you get the wood to look so nice?
The sight is a Marbles standard tang sight, number 009808 with a 995002 screw set. I also replaced the front sight with a gold bead that, IIRC, is .276" high, to increase the elevation adjustment available.

The wood is the regular stock with standard finish with about 10 thin coats of Tru-oil on it - sanding it back down to almost the original finish every third coat, with a very thin final coat that was rubbed out with stock sheen and conditioner to reduce the gloss. If you lightly rub it out with wet 0000 steel wool, you can get a very nice satin finish as well.
5thMarines

Post by 5thMarines »

that awesome ! Im wondering why th rear sight is so far back though?
flightsimmer

Post by flightsimmer »

One of the modifications that I found most helpful was replacing the extractor spring, the original was to stiff and made it harder to close the action the last 1/4" or so, it also threw the brass a country mile as they say. Here is a picture of two originals and the lighter one that I replaced it with. I got it at Sears hardware.
Well, I guess it won't post my picture after all. The new spring was made of thinner wire.

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo10 ... 180002.jpg