Robertson trading post

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
5thMarines

Robertson trading post

Post by 5thMarines »

Well bought a rossi 357 (on lay away) this is nice , I really like law away ,makes it so nice to have things ya want , not many people do it anymore! Also as much as I would like to "handle the item first" thats not gonna happen ,I live in the sticks and although theres a few lgs around , they carry the usual hunting gear or ar fair , or just glocks ,you dont ever see rossis and never 357 mag from any company in lever!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Robertson trading post

Post by Ranch Dog »

5thMarines wrote:Well bought a rossi 357 (on lay away) this is nice , I really like law away ,makes it so nice to have things ya want , not many people do it anymore! Also as much as I would like to "handle the item first" thats not gonna happen ,I live in the sticks and although theres a few lgs around , they carry the usual hunting gear or ar fair , or just glocks ,you dont ever see rossis and never 357 mag from any company in lever!
Congrats, boy do I ever understand your predicament!
Michael
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I'm lucky, there's two gunshops within 30 mins of here and one of them caters to the CAS crowd. I just don't go in there often as it's dangerous to my bank balance.

The other is a Marlin dealer and also dangerous.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

I live in the sticks too but near a little town with a great shop just 4 miles from the house. They have a few lever guns in stock. Mostly rimfire and a Winchester or two. They are "lever friendly" though. When I dropped off my 45-70 to have an MVA vernier sight installed they got it done in two days. Their typical turn around time is two to three weeks.

I guess a gunsmith can get tired of working on bolt guns and AR's too. :)
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
5thMarines

Post by 5thMarines »

Well I do have a gun shop I go to , he's about 30 mintues away , a really nice guy too , one of them shops where theres always about 5 or so "good ol boys" hanging out!Real friendly like , He had a rossi lever 410 and I really liked it , I may end up getting it as well (although I already have a couple 410's) , cant wait to get the 357 mag though , the 410 he had was a 16 inch , which probably wouldnt be too bad for snakes and stuff around the pond !
5thMarines

Post by 5thMarines »

1 payment left!!!
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

You need to do like me with the 45-70 I don't have. Start loading/stocking up on bullets. I know when I finally get the gun, the ammo wont last very long.

only 1 left eh +corn

while I don't stand out by the mail box like the lady up the street from me. I do listen for him to stop at my box. Then I go look to see if the check has finally got here. Soon as it does, I'll be off to the gun store!

I have two decent gun shops in my town but one caters to bow and arrows with a few guns. And the other is owned by a couple of younger guys and of course they have a store full of BLACK guns with scopes, and lights, and lazars, and I think one of them had a lunch box attached to the rail. :lol: They actually have a rio 45-70 but are asking $529. I can drive 80 miles to a shop north of Atlanta, and last week the same gun was 399.......so I drive.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
5thMarines

Post by 5thMarines »

I go to one shop and only his shop , he's a retired cop , has a great place in Afton,Oklahoma ,He has black guns ,shotguns rifles whatever, certified Glock and S&W and Sig dealer , sup guy , great service he works on stuff too (gunsmith) and has a outdoor range! $10 Bucks as long as you want!
If your NE Oklahoma look him up in Afton , Excaliber Sporting Goods!

He does have .410 lever (rossi) for sale it appears to be a 16 inch , but I dont know, I may snag it too as I love levers!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

I have bought most of the guns over the last 3 years on layaway. Bud's has 30 day and 90 day and another small local gun shop here has 30 day. Bud's is usually cheaper and being local makes it easy since I use cash so I get the discount on top of their normal lower price. The other shop Evan's is only a few bucks more than Bud's regular prices but they also are well stocked and sell loading supplies also which Bud's doesn't do.
Joe
5thMarines

Post by 5thMarines »

Well the layaway option is a big plus , my lgs has a 90 day as well , it saves you from dropping a large amount all at once!