Front Sight Height

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
cawashbu

Front Sight Height

Post by cawashbu »

I finished working on the internals of my 92, and wanted to upgrade the sights. I installed Steve Gunz rear peep sight that fits into the safety hole, and need a higher front sight (wish I would have read the threads here first!). From the threads I've read, Marbels is the place to go. Does anyone know the height that works well?
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Front Sight Height

Post by Rooster59 »

You might try skinnersights.com. I believe Andy there actually makes all or part of that peep sight for Steve. He may know what height you are likely to need. He makes some great patridge style front post sights. And they are easily filed to fine tune your zero. With bead sights you are stuck with the height you order.

I own 4 of their patridge sights, including a brass one on a stainless trapper 45LC Puma 92.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Front Sight Height

Post by joec »

I just ordered the front large pearl bead looking front sight and the Original Winchester type rear sight for my Rossi 92 in 45 Colt. I thought about it a bit and went with the Winchester as it is real close to the Rossi RG rear sight in appearance. My old eye can't pick up the front brass sights so when with the white looking one. Cheap enough if they don't work out that I'm not out much.
Joe