Sbr suppressed 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Deleted User 547

Sbr suppressed 92

Post by Deleted User 547 »

Pretty sweet rig!

Hickok posted this. A bit funky but also pretty darned cool.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sbr suppressed 92

Post by Ranch Dog »

Interesting. Seems like a lot of trouble to me.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:Interesting. Seems like a lot of trouble to me.
I'm one of those silly guys who if they want a Trapper length firearm will just {roll of drums} BUY A TRAPPER.
I'd rather keep the $400 for 2 tax stamps (silencer and pistol handle replacement/extension) in my pocket and NOT defacto register myself as a firearms owner and also NOT register one of my guns with BATFE .........thank you very much.
Short barrels are not a problem up in the Dominion of Canada........I carried a Dlask 12 gauge shotgun with a 9" barrel & rifled slugs up there as Yogi protection for years.
Possession of the suppressor/silencer which is legally is a "prohibited device" up there on the other hand will get you a rather spartan grey walled room with a barred grilled door in a Provincial jail for a significant period of time.
If you don't feel that sharing very limited living quarters in a cell block with a few amorous cons who might kiss on the first date is your definition of a good time leave the silencer at home.
No $200 ATF stamp available........silencers are forbidden in Canada.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I love hickok45s You-tube presentations and have spent hours watching them.
Apparently he is a huge man standing some 6' 8" tall.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I hear you on the taxes and identity issues!

I was rather disappointed with his handling of the firearm at the bench. As he loaded it the hammer was back and the safety was off until he started playing with it but at no time did he relieve the hammer or do a chamber check. Having spent a lifetime with leverguns, I have seen negligent discharges directly related to the condition of the firearm as he was handling it.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:I hear you on the taxes and identity issues!

I was rather disappointed with his handling of the firearm at the bench. As he loaded it the hammer was back and the safety was off until he started playing with it but at no time did he relieve the hammer or do a chamber check. Having spent a lifetime with leverguns, I have seen negligent discharges directly related to the condition of the firearm as he was handling it.
+1
Am I paranoid?.......YUP ! ..........the less A/G Holder & BATFE know about me the better so I'm not about to voluntarily send them $400 and my fingerprints.

Two mitigating factors that reprieve hickok45 somewhat:

1) I never noticed during the whole video that his muzzle pointed anywhere but downrange.
2) And one that should endear him to your heart RD is the fact that he Superglued the front sight that fell off back on.......a bond of sorts between you & hickok if you will. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Two mitigating factors that reprieve hickok45 somewhat:

1) I never noticed during the whole video that his muzzle pointed anywhere but downrange.
2) And one that should endear him to your heart RD is the fact that he Superglued the front sight that fell off back on.......a bond of sorts between you & hickok if you will. :lol:
I did notice the muzzle control at all times and that prevented me from jumping up and down. I did not get beyond where he said he was going to change the front sight. I have very poor internet service here at the ranch, fine for text bytes and bit such as the forum, but just doesn't do videos worth a hoot. Took me 20 minutes just to get a few minutes.
Michael
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

At the 10.55 minute mark it almost looks like he was throwing rocks at that hanging propane tank ..
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

I too like his vids. Though I stopped watching after I saw it shoot(I saw the rifle and did not need to watch the long version). Very neat, but I have no need for one. Definatly don't have the $ to burn on someting like that.......but hey, somebody does.