Ranch Dogs' reloading room?

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
.Dirty-.Thirty

Re: Ranch Dogs' reloading room?

Post by .Dirty-.Thirty »

Fine looking setup you got there R-D, Thanks for showing us!! Whats the story on that nice Bobcat rug you got there, what did you get him with? Also do you have mounts in your home?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Fullthrottle wrote:
I agree. The only thing is on the measuring part there is no lines to determine where the "micrometer" measures. No lines for zero, is the best way I can explain it!
Hmmm...

My Perfect Powder Measure is marked exactly as shown in the instructions and measures for 0 to something over 5 cc in X.XX increments.
PPM_Micrometer.jpg
At a minimum, I'm loading 5,000 round of rifle ammunition with it a year. With each new container of powder, I established a "lot VDM" using an appropriate cc setting. For instance, I just opened a container H-LVR and used 2.50 cc. I drop 10 charges, and weigh them to obtain the average grain weight and then calculate the VDM and write in on the powder container.

I use it to drop each and every rifle charge I shoot. I drop the charges into the Safety Scale pan to verify the charge and then into the case. I use it with BL-(C)2, Benchmark, H332, H335, H4198, H4895, H-LVR, and Varget.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Fullthrottle wrote:RD, I envy your reloading room (and your shower....I know that sounds bad on the surface....but very nice)LOL
Now that is funny! Truth be know, the best part of this room is that bathroom!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

.Dirty-.Thirty wrote:Fine looking setup you got there R-D, Thanks for showing us!! Whats the story on that nice Bobcat rug you got there, what did you get him with? Also do you have mounts in your home?
I shot him with my 444T while deer hunting. I had a really cool Australian Kelpie cow dog at the time. I wanted her to have a nice rug to snooze on. When she died, I had the cat rug cleaned and hung it on the wall.

I'm not big on mounts and don't have any in my home. The hog was killed by my brother in law from PA, he wanted it mounted but wanted to leave it with me. The mule deer, I really don't know why I mounted it. I did have some other whitetails but as they got older I had the horns removed from the mounts and just keep those. I have a good stack of deer horns in a couple of locations and a good stack of sheds in a cactus garden.

The pronghorn was killed in the Trans Pecos (TX), and at one time was the State's P&Y record. I shot him sometime back in the '80s with a Bear Kodiak takedown after a 4 hour stalk (crawl). The State's Bowhunter Association made a big deal of it at an awards banquet. A fellow named Judd Cooney gave me the award, he was guiding a bunch of Colorado pronghorn hunts at the time. Fred Bear himself contacted me as he heard I had shot it with a custom takedown he had built for me. We met at the SHOT in New Orleans and he included me in his activities including dinner. I will never forget that, he treated me as an equal and was a much interested in my South Texas whitetail bowhunting as I was in his hunts. His American Sportsman hunts made me a recurve hunter. When I could no longer use one because of a shoulder injury, I quit.

I also hunted with a custom Wing Thunderbird built by Glen St. Charles but never actually met the man. The bow was from his personal collection.

The pronghorn had to have it's hide replaced a couple of years ago. It wear one that was killed by one of my leverguns.
Michael
.Dirty-.Thirty

Post by .Dirty-.Thirty »

Dang R-D, you gonna have to turn loose of more pictures and stories :D Start a 1000 page thread and call it "Hell, I was there too" :D Elmer won't mind.....
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I could sleep there. If (after 40+ years) mrs surv finally kicks me out, can I sleep there? I don't take up much space and will work for food and free beer .... and boolits :mrgreen:

your long lost nephew

surv
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

The one thing I didn't see was a means of storing your turrets assuming you have more than one. In my case I use a 3" dia. piece of PVC cut off in 2" lengths that hold my turrets with the dies and powder measures. I also use a Lee Perfect Powder Measure mounted on the powder through die with my 45-70 dies. I have Lee presses and Lee die sets for all of my loading however recently I've added the RCBS Cowboy series dies in 45-70, 45 Colt and 12 ga Magtech shot shells as well as a Lyman M expander die for the 45 Colt/454 Casull with a Redding Profile crimp die for 45 colt/454 Casull as well as a couple other Lee FCD to one single turret.

I envy the room Michael you have as I'm limited to a small bedroom and only 2 1/2 walls however I also have a bathroom attached which is a good idea.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

mr surveyor wrote:I could sleep there. If (after 40+ years) mrs surv finally kicks me out, can I sleep there? I don't take up much space and will work for food and free beer .... and boolits :mrgreen:

your long lost nephew

surv
No problem, you can hide hear but it actually works the other way around. Got'a bring something or cast bullets for me!
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

The bathroom pic is wrong in so many ways..... :lol: The only thing missing from it was a press mounted to the counter top.... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:The bathroom pic is wrong in so many ways..... :lol: The only thing missing from it was a press mounted to the counter top.... :lol:
Never thought of that, it would be easy to add a Lee base plate!
Michael