REASSEMBLY

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
wfparys

REASSEMBLY

Post by wfparys »

I am having severe chest pains right now while taking a break from attempting to reassemble the Rossi 92 rifle using Steves guns video as my guide. He makes it look soooooo easy. I haven't been this frustrated in years. I should have bought a marlin and spent the extra money and not have to deal with this. Would NOT do it again for perpetual youth and a harem full of beauties and more money than I could possibly spend. That has to tell you my current level of frustration. By the way, just kidding about the chest pains .
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: REASSEMBLY

Post by Ranch Dog »

wfparys wrote:I am having severe chest pains right now while taking a break from attempting to reassemble the Rossi 92 rifle using Steves guns video as my guide. He makes it look soooooo easy. I haven't been this frustrated in years. I should have bought a marlin and spent the extra money and not have to deal with this. Would NOT do it again for perpetual youth and a harem full of beauties and more money than I could possibly spend. That has to tell you my current level of frustration. By the way, just kidding about the chest pains .
Ahhh... what is creating the issue?
Michael
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

Not enough scotch. The first rule of working on the 92 for the first time is finding the appropriate amount of your favorite adult beverage. Not too much though. Think of it as an adventure ;-)
wfparys

Post by wfparys »

I've having difficulty getting the trigger / hammer back together. I found that the pin in the trigger was moving out and I thought that was the problem but I still had / have problems afterwards. Trigger seems to just lock up tight if I get close to lining up the holes. The action works fine without the trigger/hammer but not when I get to puttin' them in.

driftingrz

Post by driftingrz »

the first time i reassembled my 92 the trigger and hammer assembly make me lose my mind. i didnt have a dvd or any tips though. after i while i realized you have to fiddle with position of hammer and trigger until the sear clears the notches on the hammer, i believe hammer and trigger both need to be pulled back (im not aware if this is mentioned on your DVD or not)

i hadnt taken the gun apart again till this past week ive done it a few times while polishing parts and refinishing my stock. it takes a max of 5 minutes now.

hardest thing is finding a pin small enough to hold the dam hammer spring in place
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

wfparys wrote:I've having difficulty getting the trigger / hammer back together. I found that the pin in the trigger was moving out and I thought that was the problem but I still had / have problems afterwards. Trigger seems to just lock up tight if I get close to lining up the holes. The action works fine without the trigger/hammer but not when I get to puttin' them in.
As you have found out, the pin that passes through the lower tang and trigger can create an issue as you seat the lower tang into the receiver. I catch myself fighting it once in awhile when I least expect it but have learned to go straight to it. As you sink the lower tang into the receiver, pressure must be applied to the trigger holding it aft. Here is how I hold the receiver with the parts in place. I make sure the holes are lined up and the screw slides right in and can be started with finger pressure alone.
001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

driftingrz wrote:hardest thing is finding a pin small enough to hold the dam hammer spring in place
Like a good rancher, I scavenged something out of the back of my pickup truck. Electric fence wire is perfect!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

R.D.'s diagramed pic of this reassemble is spot on it should get you to a happy place with your Rossi. Keep us posted. +corn If it is not being to rued of me R.D. could you post some of your mounts in a thread I am gonna start in the hunting thread love to see and hear the tales.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
driftingrz

Post by driftingrz »

Ranch Dog wrote:
driftingrz wrote:hardest thing is finding a pin small enough to hold the dam hammer spring in place
Like a good rancher, I scavenged something out of the back of my pickup truck. Electric fence wire is perfect!
haha. i think my hole is smaller than others. ive seen guys on here using paper clips, safety pins and whatnot. but all of those are to big for mine. even most sewing needles are too large. i ended up finidng an old ear ring and used the pin off it to go through.
wfparys

Post by wfparys »

The hole on mine is small also. I put a safety pin in there but it got really bent from all the fiddling around I was doing. I ended up using a tiny drill bit that was part of my fathers tool set for work. It is only about an inch and a half long.