Small Things Sometimes Surprise - My Ejector Spring Story

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
jnewell

Small Things Sometimes Surprise - My Ejector Spring Story

Post by jnewell »

As posted, I bought a .357M 92 about a month ago. I decided to go somewhat slow on mods - ordered the steel magazine follower and the ejector spring from Steve's Gunz and decided to see how things go and take it from there. I got around to installing the ejector spring today. Well, I don't know if it's possible for one spring that really only affects the last part of the action cycle to affect the overall action feel this much, or whether perhaps I did a better job of assembling the rifle than the guy who did it the first time :? but whatever the case, this carbine is immeasurably smoother now than it was before, all the way through the cycle.

It's not going to keep me up at night with suspense :D but I'm even more a satisfied owner than I was before.

Oh, yeah, the stock spring? One of the front coil springs in my son's Toyota was sagging. I swapped it out for the Rossi ejector spring and he's riding level and safe now. :mrgreen: Just kidding, but only a little... :lol:
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Small Things Sometimes Surprise - My Ejector Spring Stor

Post by joec »

jnewell wrote:As posted, I bought a .357M 92 about a month ago. I decided to go somewhat slow on mods - ordered the steel magazine follower and the ejector spring from Steve's Gunz and decided to see how things go and take it from there. I got around to installing the ejector spring today. Well, I don't know if it's possible for one spring that really only affects the last part of the action cycle to affect the overall action feel this much, or whether perhaps I did a better job of assembling the rifle than the guy who did it the first time :? but whatever the case, this carbine is immeasurably smoother now than it was before, all the way through the cycle.

It's not going to keep me up at night with suspense :D but I'm even more a satisfied owner than I was before.

Oh, yeah, the stock spring? One of the front coil springs in my son's Toyota was sagging. I swapped it out for the Rossi ejector spring and he's riding level and safe now. :mrgreen: Just kidding, but only a little... :lol:
That is pretty much what I felt also after doing the Gunz tune. I also noticed the brass didn't fly 10' behind me any longer but piled up outside my right foot a few inches from it. If I have on a hat such as a cowboy hat it lands on the brim and stays there. Sure does make it easy to find your brass.
Joe
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Small Things Sometimes Surprise - My Ejector Spring Stor

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

There is a lot to be said about doing your own fine tuning. I know I get a lot of satisfaction doing my own work. Guess that is why I enjoy reloading so much and casting my own bullets. I can’t wait till someone figures out a way to recharge primers other than rolls for kid’s cap guns….
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson