Winchester model 94 Yellow Boy Indian Commemorative rifle

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Winchester model 94 Yellow Boy Indian Commemorative rifl

Post by pricedo »

Maximumbob54 wrote:Is the hammer really brass and not just plated or something? I would have thought brass wouldn't stand up that well to that kind of beating.
I'm guessing brass plated though I'm not going to scrape it to find out.
A very attractive firearm with that beautiful black walnut contrasting with the brass.
Winchester only made about 50,000 of these and they are rarer than most Commemoratives.
The first time I saw it I fell in love with it and the price was right so I bought it.
It has never been fired.
I have a couple of pre-64 1894s that I actually shoot with.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Winchester model 94 Yellow Boy Indian Commemorative rifl

Post by Maximumbob54 »

No way am I asking for a scrape test!!! It just struck me as odd if it really is brass. I know they use some tougher alloy of brass in guns though. I would shoot it but it would never see anything thumper level like Buff Bore or Corbon or any other nuclear ammo maker. I might even make it closer to a powder puff shooter just to take that much better care of it. Besides, a Trail Boss load in .30-30 still gives darn near .357 level power and makes for a very easy shooting afternoon.