The new self-made rear sight...and one more...and the last

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
vtoran

Re: The new self-made rear sight

Post by vtoran »

LRP wrote:good design and wookmanship vtoran. I have a question?? I,m an old guy from the old school .
all sights and peeps included are beveled on the forward side to minimise the varying light conditions errors. u know the saying !! light up- sight up !!! . I noticed yours is beveled towards the eye. is this new school or an oversight?? I had to ask.
regards LRP
I do not really understand. English is not my mother tongue.
As I know, all peep sights are located as close to the eye as possible, in sport weapon and military.
Last edited by vtoran on 29 Aug 2014 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

NavyDoc76-80 wrote:vtoran,
I see you pulled the site for sale in the for sale section. Allow me to ask here...what is your turn around time from order to delivery? Glad you sold the ones you had, we all knew that wouldn't be a problem.
Now I sell only what I have ready, and post pictures of that sight. When I received money, I ship the next working day.
LRP

Post by LRP »

vtoran wrote:
LRP wrote:good design and wookmanship vtoran. I have a question?? I,m an old guy from the old school .
all sights and peeps included are beveled on the forward side to minimise the varying light conditions errors. u know the saying !! light up- sight up !!! . I noticed yours is beveled towards the eye. is this new school or an oversight?? I had to ask.
regards LRP
I do not really understand. English is not my mother tongue.
As I know, all peep sights are located as close to the eye as possible, in sport weapon and military.
well vtoran, were in the same boat. English is not my mother tongue either and I type with one finger.
u are correct, the peep should be as close to your eye as possible. in your picture it looks like the peep
hole is beveled while normaly the peeps are flat on the part that u look through. that beveled side should
be faceing toward the muzzle end of the rifle. that beveled part will make your rifle shoot to a diiferant
spot with changing light conditions just like u moved your sight.
regards lrp
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

Now I understand. The beveled part is mate and blued (actually, "blacked"). So light conditions can not impact.
On the 1st page is the prototype, now the sight looks like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LRP

Post by LRP »

u should go out and try shooting with the sun on your left and and shooting with the sun on your right.
report back. me thinks u will be surprised. the old timers use to use candles to soot up there sights for
a very good reason.
IMHO the peep should be turned around.
lrp
1894c

Post by 1894c »

AGAIN...that's a great looking rear sight...the price is good too... :)
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

Can turn without problem. It is symmetric.
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

The beveled part turned to shooter, I think, works like the sport sight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

So, now I have one more sight for sale.
mabbent

Post by mabbent »

How do you take payment. If you still have one ready I'll take it.