R92 Terminal Performance

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: R92 Terminal Performance

Post by Rooster59 »

Great thread guys.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

Ranch Dog wrote:
deadkelly wrote:thank's once again mate bloody awesome . what a great help this site is for the rossi shooter . i need these ballistic programs you have mike , what one's do you recommend ?
I think I have a copy of every software program available related to shooting. My program of choice are those offered by TMT. I have been using the TMT product for over a decade now and really like all the features with the software. The charts are from Precision Ballistic module.

Tom Myer's, the fellow that writes the software, has got to be one of the most intelligent individuals I have ever run across. What pops out of his gray matter simply amazes me.
After reading this I clicked on the TMT link and decide to try out his load record label program as i want to get more organized and be able to print avery labels for my ammo boxes. It is meant as a module for their main record program but can be used as a standalone record database that is searchable a numberof way, which I am going to do for now. I realize I could use access and build one myself and maybe I should have and saved myself $26 but don't have enough time for such ventures as they always take more time then I think they will. Had a small hitch with the date field so I sent Tim an email and he promptly returned with the solution which had to do with my computer date format configuration.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

44-40 Willy wrote:I use Excel for reload data complete with muzzle energy and Taylor KO calculations.
Excel is great for working with small amounts of information.
If you need to store, manipulate & use lots of information in calculations to present to the user (of the program) in reports and charts the Microsoft suite database software ACCESS is the best choice.
You can custom tailor user-forms to accept & vette user input to create & format comprehensive, attractive & printable charts and reports using the native Microsoft VBA language which is very intuitive and easy to learn.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
grandad

Re: R92 software

Post by grandad »

Hi.Ranchdog. love that program of ballistic info. is this available as a download?
Grandad
grandad

Re: R92 Lead bullets

Post by grandad »

Ranch dog hi.
the projectiles in your photo look like they have gas cheks on them is this correct?
Grandad
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: R92 Lead bullets

Post by Ranch Dog »

grandad wrote:Ranch dog hi.
the projectiles in your photo look like they have gas cheks on them is this correct?
Grandad
Yes, that is the only type of bullet I add shoot.
Michael
picketpin

Post by picketpin »

Hey Ranch Dog, I was just reading my way back through the old '92 posts and ran across this thread. I was thinking there is so much good information that this should be a sticky. Has my vote any way, a ton of good information for us hunter types. Thanks for compiling it all in one place!

James
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

I want a 92 in 357 mag in the worst way. I also want a 454 as well. Decisions.... decisions.... :lol: Guess it will be what is available first. Local FFL has a 44 mag but that is not what I really want.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I am kinda shocked that that 44 seems to be the most overlooked in the 92 game I may need to buy one just to see why they don't carry the favor. I think because of the added cost of loading for this cartrige adds to this for sure but keep us posted tuco +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Chris

Post by Chris »

Looking at the charts I can see that what I always knew was true. A 30-30 at 200 yards is about like a 357 mag at 50 yards. I would shoot a buck at 50 yards with one if I had to...I don't think I would go out to intentionally do it though, like shooting my 30-30 at deer at 200 yards.

Does this concur with your findings?

Call me a glass half empty man, but when things go wrong for me, they usually do. Am I being overlly cautious here do you think?

Deer do not grow on trees here, not anymore anyway. Sometimes I won't see a deer for several days of hard hunting. In the 70s you cold to out and in a weekend of hunting have seen herds of deer. This is due to the ridiculous attitude of the USFS about fire control. In my area this past summer we had a huge fire, now nothing is left, brush will replace old growth trees. I guess my point is that I feel that if I was in an area like many of you live, I probably would not be as particular and be willing to wait for the perfect shot. But here when you see a deer you had better shoot it quick.