New 92 45colt in SW Florida

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
olereb

New 92 45colt in SW Florida

Post by olereb »

After reading all the posts the last week i figured i'd make my own and let y'all know i seem to have gotten one of the good 92's. I got a Rossi 92 45colt last weekend with the 16" barrel and large loop lever and for the most part it was good to go out of the box. It was very filthy and covered in hard sticky grease but after a good blasting with brake cleaner and some ballistol it works great,i cycled a few different loads through it before hitting the range with no problems and at the range it shot great with no issues. I am going to slick it up though and have already purchased Steve Gunz video/kit,it would be fine as is but i love to tinker and see just how good i can get a firearm :D . I just wanted to let y'all know there are some good ones out there without major work having to be done,next up is a 44mag.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New 92 45colt in SW Florida

Post by Ranch Dog »

Greetings olereb and thanks for the report. Amazing that they work out of the box, huh?
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Welcome to the board from a native Floridian born and raised in the Miami area now residing in Kentucky. :)
Joe
jnewell

Post by jnewell »

Ranch Dog wrote:Greetings olereb and thanks for the report. Amazing that they work out of the box, huh?
Reading on the internet would convince you that none of them do. I thought long and hard before buying one locally and finally (pardon the pun) just bit the bullet. Well, the rifle feeds both .357 Mag (up to 180 gr) and .38 Spec loads flawlessly. +guns
olereb

Post by olereb »

Ranch Dog wrote:Greetings olereb and thanks for the report. Amazing that they work out of the box, huh?
It was surprising after all the stories i have read,i was actually kinda disapointed seeing as i bought it looking for a project but its as good out of the box as any Winchester i have purchased NEW. I can see several more in my future.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

jnewell wrote:
**Reading on the internet would convince you that none of them do. I thought long and hard before buying one locally and finally (pardon the pun) just bit the bullet. Well, the rifle feeds both .357 Mag (up to 180 gr) and .38 Spec loads flawlessly. +guns
Work out of the box?
Some Rossi leverguns do.......some don't.
A lot more DO than don't.
**People tend to report problematic issues (which they don't expect is normal for a new gun) a lot more than satisfactory performance (which they do expect is normal from a new gun).
When you rely solely on CNC technology and eliminate quality control and its attendant costs from your production line some duds are bound to slip through.
Dealing with the duds apparently doesn't cut into the bottom line nearly as much as having systemic quality control infrastructure in place in your factory.
No point in getting ultra-pessimistic or on the other hand putting on rose colored glasses and pretending the guns are ALL perfect NIB.
Let the facts speak for themselves.......... it is what it is.
Just read a recent post "Another Newbie With Issues" from a new member a few minutes ago who wasn't so lucky with his new Rossi Rio Grande......broken ejector and maybe a bent magazine tube right off the bat.
Like I said above......."Some Rossi leverguns do......some don't."
Glad to hear your gun was good NIB........ENJOY ! :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

jnewell wrote:
Reading on the internet would convince you that none of them do. I thought long and hard before buying one locally and finally (pardon the pun) just bit the bullet. Well, the rifle feeds both .357 Mag (up to 180 gr) and .38 Spec loads flawlessly. +guns
I agree as mostly what you read on the internet are the Taurus and Rossi bashers for the most part in forums made up of what I refer to as the gun snobs. That would be those that think you have to pay an arm and a let for a functioning gun. I've owned a lot of guns in my life including some of the big names in the business but now most of my hand guns are Taurus and Armscor with both Rifles by Rossi. I was convinced to get off the big ticket guns when I had problems with S&W and Ruger customer service over repairs for a gun from each I bought both defective which took well over 3 months to get fixed.
Joe
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

joec, at least Ruger fixed your gun. My 44-40 Vaquero they just said that it was "in spec".
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR