M 92 BEAUTIFUL SHOOTER

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
KD0JKV

M 92 BEAUTIFUL SHOOTER

Post by KD0JKV »

Just took out my new M92 ss for the first time. Its dead on right out of the box but 357 does not feed well. Still waiting on my diy kit from Steve gunz to fix that. So far i really like it. I did have to fight the magazine while loading it hopefully that will be fixed with the action job.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: M 92 BEAUTIFUL SHOOTER

Post by golfish »

That's a good looking carbine.. The wood looks REALLY nice on it.

Those darn .357's seems to be a PITA out of the box, I know mine was.

I just picked up the same gun but its a 44 and blued. I just got through cleaning it up and treating the wood with 5 coats of tung oil.

Have you cleaned it up with brake cleaner yet?
KD0JKV

Post by KD0JKV »

Did the break cleaner right away. It feeds .357 snap caps perfectly but the live ammo is hard ro feed I also had trouble loading the tube mag. When I take it apart I'm sure i'll find some burrs in the loading port also. But it is a beautiful looking firearm and very accurate OTB.
-Thomas Jefferson
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

KD0JKV wrote:Just took out my new M92 ss for the first time. Its dead on right out of the box but 357 does not feed well. Still waiting on my diy kit from Steve gunz to fix that. So far i really like it. I did have to fight the magazine while loading it hopefully that will be fixed with the action job.
Pull it apart & clean & oil it & shave a bit of metal off the loading gate spring & clean up any obvious metal burrs while the gun's on the operating table.
Lots of good pictorially illustrated info on "how to" on this forum and the internet-at-large.
2 hours work tops......most of which will be spend reassembling the gun.
First time out is always lots of FUN.
You'll never forget it ......like your first run in with Poison Ivy. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo is right on the loading gate is always pretty stiff on these Rossi rifles just follow the video to lighten it up and you will be good to go. Also while you wait for the vide oil her up and just sit and watch your favorte western and work that action as much as you can till you get blisters you will be surprized how goood they break in this way as well. post picks and ask anything if needed. Your wood is some of the best I have seen other than costeve on the forum few have flowing grain like yours so some oil finish really should make that a one of a kind. Please post some before of your wood and after pics if you do an oil finish so we can track results.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Yup that is an exceptional wood.........the best I've seen in a while.
The rest of the gun looks pretty good too.
It's running a bit rough and it looks like you still have your Rossi "stuff" to do.
Take the time to tune' er proper & she'll slick right up & serve you well for many years.
A coupla hours of work invested for a lifetime of good service........can't see a downside to that. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
KD0JKV

Post by KD0JKV »

I definitely plan on having lots of with the whole process, and as far as poison ivy goes. I have fun with it like a first time every time, because I'm not allergic to it. But i have fun finding out who is when I come in contact with others. I will post pics after each treatment of tung oil.
-Thomas Jefferson
rookie7

Post by rookie7 »

Congrats on the new rifle. Regarding hard to load - in addition to the loading gate the mag tube could be in a bind or could be bent. I have a cch 92 in .357, 20" octagon barrel. It shoots great, but the person assembling it in Brazil must have been in a bad mood. Mag tube is bent and in a bind due to retaining screw at end of barrel, and rear sight and mag hanger dovetails were cut sloppy. Shoots great though.